Posted on 2020-12-21, by Germany2020.
Allison B. Kavey, "World-Building and the Early Modern Imagination"
English | 2010 | ISBN: 0230105882 | 280 pages | PDF | 15,3 MB
From British attempts on the stage and page to reinvent the world order with their island at the center to the Jesuit Athanasius Kircher's museum that strove to make the invisible visible, the early modern period was rife with attempts to reimagine the world and the human place within it.
This volume looks at natural philosophers, playwrights, historians, and other figures in the period 1500-1700 as a means of accessing the plethora of world models that circulated in Europe during this era. Contributors to this volume ask what motivated institutions and individuals to engage in world-building, examining its cultural utility and the reception these new worlds received.
Close textual and visual analysis provide the foundation for the book, and the array of sources illustrates the rich tapestry of ideas, anxieties, and enthusiasms that served as the basis for world-building. Only through investigating imagined worlds as closely as scholars have examined "real" Renaissance landscapes can we hope to understand the intellectual and cultural reassessments that characterized this period, and the critical importance of imagination and belief in its intellectual landscape.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/Germany2020
- Ebooks list page : 45824
- 2013-05-19World-Building and the Early Modern Imagination (repost)
- 2012-01-28World-Building and the Early Modern Imagination - Allison B. Kavey
- 2012-01-08World-Building and the Early Modern Imagination - Allison B. Kavey
- 2011-10-20World-Building and the Early Modern Imagination
- 2011-03-26World-Building and the Early Modern Imagination
- 2019-07-10Animating Empire Automata, the Holy Roman Empire, and the Early Modern World
- 2021-05-12Publicity and the Early Modern Stage: People Made Public (Early Modern Cultural Studies 1500-1700) - Removed
- 2021-04-02Knowledge and the Early Modern City: A History of Entanglements
- 2020-06-20Dynastic Colonialism: Gender, Materiality and the Early Modern House of Orange-Nassau (Routledge Research in Early Modern History) - Removed
- 2018-11-01The third citizen Shakespeare's theater and the early modern House of Commons
- 2018-05-08The Company-State Corporate Sovereignty and the Early Modern Foundations of the British Empire in India
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Mapping Space, Sense, and Movement in Florence: Historical GIS and the Early Modern City (Routledge Research in Digital Humanities)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Nationalism from the Left: The Bulgarian Communist Party During the Second World War and the Early Post-War Years (Balkan Studies Library) - Removed
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Milton's Angels: The Early-Modern Imagination
- 2017-03-11Mapping Space, Sense, and Movement in Florence Historical GIS and the Early Modern City
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Milton's Angels: The Early-Modern Imagination
- 2013-11-17The Company-State: Corporate Sovereignty and the Early Modern Foundations of the British Empire in India
- 2013-11-16Nationalism from the Left: The Bulgarian Communist Party During the Second World War and the Early Post-War Years (repost) - Removed
- 2013-09-25Milton's Angels: The Early-Modern Imagination (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.