Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2012-03-02. By anonymous.
Publisher: Univ.,ersity of Penn[syl]vania Press 1999 | 256 Pages | ISBN: 0812235193 , 0812217071 | PDF | 10 MB
The roots of European witchcraft and magic lie in Hebrew and other ancient Near Eastern cultures and in the Celtic, Nordic, and Germanic traditions of the Continent. For two millennia, European folklore and ritual have been imbued with the belief in the supernatural, yielding a rich trove of histories and images.
A series that combines traditional approaches of political, legal, and social historians with critical syntheses of cultural anthropology, historical psychology, and gender studies, Witchcraft and Magic in Europe provides a modern, scholarly survey of the supernatural beliefs of Europeans from ancient times to the present day. Each of the six volumes in the series contains the work of distinguished scholars chosen for their expertise in a particular era or region.
Witchcraft today continues to play a role in European societies and imaginations. This concluding volume includes a major new history of the origins and development of English "Wicca" and an account of the circumstances in which the term 'Satanist' has been used to label individuals or groups. The widespread prevalence of such phenomena proves the contemporary reality of beliefs in witchcraft and its threats.
- Ebooks list page : 17711
- 2014-05-12The Noether Theorems: Invariance and Conservation Laws in the Twentieth Century [Repost] - Removed
- 2014-03-21Making the American Mouth: Dentists and Public Health in the Twentieth Century [Repost]
- 2012-01-03Making the American Mouth: Dentists and Public Health in the Twentieth Century (Repost)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Witchcraft and Magic in Europe, Vol. 6: The Twentieth Century (Witchcraft and Magic in Europe)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The Marshall Plan: America, Britain and the Reconstruction of Western Europe, 1947-1952 (Studies in Economic History and Policy: USA in the Twentieth Century)
- 2021-04-03Lolita in the Afterlife: On Beauty, Risk, and Reckoning with the Most Indelible and Shocking Novel of the Twentieth Century
- 2021-01-29The Daughters of the American Revolution and Patriotic Memory in the Twentieth Century
- 2021-01-27Ethnic Amsterdam Immigrants and Urban Change in the Twentieth Century
- 2021-01-07The Blessing and the Curse - The Jewish People and Their Books in the Twentieth Century
- 2020-11-02African Print Cultures Newspapers and Their Publics in the Twentieth Century (African Perspectives)
- 2020-08-23Shaping British Foreign and Defence Policy in the Twentieth Century: A Tough Ask in Turbulent Times (Security, Conflict and Cooperation in the Contemporary World)
- 2020-06-11The Rise of Catalan Identity Social Commitment and Political Engagement in the Twentieth Century
- 2020-05-01Red Love Across the Pacific: Political and Sexual Revolutions of the Twentieth Century
- 2020-04-29Southern Religion and Christian Diversity in the Twentieth Century (Religion & American Culture)
- 2020-04-24Strained Relations: US Foreign-Exchange Operations and Monetary Policy in the Twentieth Century (National Bureau of Economic Research Monograph)
- 2020-02-25Raymond Aron and Liberal Thought in the Twentieth Century (Ideas in Context)
- 2020-01-13Tantawi Jawhari and the Qur'an: Tafsir and Social Concerns in the Twentieth Century (Routledge Studies in the Qur'an)
- 2020-01-03Managed Migrations: Growers, Farmworkers, and Border Enforcement in the Twentieth Century (Historia USA)
- 2019-01-15The Noether Theorems Invariance and Conservation Laws in the Twentieth Century - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.