Author: William Curtis Farabee
Posted on 2012-03-20, by LionFar.
William Curtis Farabee, "The Central Arawaks"
PUBLISHER: C./U./P | ISBN: 1108006248 | 2009 | PDF | 344 PAGES |23.7MB
In 1913, ethnologist and explorer William Curtis Farabee set out to document the Arawak tribes of northern Brazil and southern British Guiana, a three-year journey that led him far into the unmapped regions of the Amazon River basin. His meticulous observations comprise The Central Arawaks, first published in 1918 and still one of the most comprehensive accounts of the peoples living along the northern tributaries of the Amazon River. The Wapisiana, Ataroi, Taruma, and Mapidian tribes numbered fewer than 1,500 at the time of Farabee's voyage; his detailed record of their daily life preserves a vision of these vulnerable cultures at a crucial point in their history, offering insight into their languages, social structures, and cosmologies. A testament to an ethnologist whose achievements were once hailed as 'monumental', this reissued edition also brings renewed attention to William Farabee, whose influence on Anglo-American anthropological exploration is still felt today.
DownloadDownload from Uploaded.to
- Ebooks list page : 17941
- 2014-03-22The Central Arawaks (repost)
- 2012-03-19The Central Arawaks
- 2012-03-14William O. Stephens "Marcus Aurelius: A Guide for the Perplexed" - Removed
- 2014-06-18"Tumors of the Central Nervous System: Primary and Secondary" ed. by Lee Roy Morgan
- 2013-10-07"Chemistry: The Central Science" by Theodore E. Brown, Theodore L. Brown, et. all - Removed
- 2013-10-05"Gender, Nation and Conquest in the Works of William of Malmesbury" by Kirsten A. Fenton
- 2013-07-18Curtis Roads, "The Computer Music Tutorial" (repost) - Removed
- 2013-05-07William Garner Sutherland, "Teachings in the Science of Osteopathy"
- 2013-04-01William Austin Burt, "A Key To The Solar Compass, And Surveyor's Companion"
- 2013-02-27"William of Malmesbury and the Ethics of History" by SigbjÃ¸rn Olsen SÃ¸nnesyn
- 2013-01-18Evans, Helen C., & William D. Wixom, "The Glory of Byzantium: Art and Culture of the Middle Byzantine Era, A.D. 843â€“1261"
- 2012-08-04William Russell Melton, "New American Expat: Thriving and Surviving Overseas in the Post-9/11 World" (Repost)
- 2012-04-20William S. Hoar,"The Cardiovascular System"
- 2012-04-11William S. Hoar,"The Cardiovascular System" (repost)
- 2012-03-06William F. Eng, "The Day Trader's Manual: Theory, Art, and Science of Profitable Short-Term Investing"(repost)
- 2011-12-25Oliver Johnson, "Information Theory And The Central Limit Theorem"(repost)
- 2011-12-24William R. Clark, "In Defence of Self - How the Immune System Really Works in Managing Health and Disease"(Repost)
- 2011-10-20William G. Hawkeswood, "One of the Children: Gay Black Men in Harlem"
- 2011-10-03Marc Aerts, "Chemistry: The Central Science, 9 Ed" (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.