Posted on 2020-05-22, by books_lover.
Debunking the notion that our current food crisis must be addressed through industrial agriculture and genetic modification, author and activist Vandana Shiva argues that those forces are in fact the ones responsible for the hunger problem in the first place. Who Really Feeds the World? is a powerful manifesto calling for agricultural justice and genuine sustainability, drawing upon Shiva’s thirty years of research and accomplishments in the field. Instead of relying on genetic modification and large-scale monocropping to solve the world’s food crisis, she proposes that we look to agroecology—the knowledge of the interconnectedness that creates food—as a truly life-giving alternative to the industrial paradigm. Shiva succinctly and eloquently lays out the networks of people and processes that feed the world, exploring issues of diversity, the needs of small famers, the importance of seed saving, the movement toward localization, and the role of women in producing the world's food.
- Ebooks list page : 43679
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Who Really Feeds the World?: The Failures of Agribusiness and the Promise of Agroecology
- 2011-11-02Who Said That First?: The Curious Origins of Common Words and Phrases
- 2020-06-30Excellent Daughters: The Secret Lives of Young Women Who Are Transforming the Arab World
- 2020-06-21The World Eats Here Amazing Food and the Inspiring People Who Make It at New Y
- 2020-05-24The World Eats Here - Amazing Food and the Inspiring People Who Make It at New Yor...
- 2020-04-17The Boy Who Could Change the World: The Writings of Aaron Swartz
- 2019-12-10Double Crossed: The Missionaries Who Spied for the United States During the Second World War
- 2019-11-06Double Crossed: The Missionaries Who Spied for the United States During the Second World War
- 2019-07-09^(Wonderful) - Why You Should Read Excellent Daughters: The Secret Lives of Young Women Who Are Transforming the Arab World by Katherine Zoepf Online or Download [PDF, EPUB, MOBI]
- 2019-01-30The Pig Who Sang to the Moon The Emotional World of Farm Animals [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-13The Pig Who Sang to the Moon The Emotional World of Farm Animals [Audiobook]
- 2018-11-15Stars, Cars and Crystal Meth The Adventures of a Personal Assistant Who Really Could Have Used One Himself
- 2018-10-29The Boy Who Could Change the World The Writings of Aaron Swartz
- 2018-08-16When Asia Was the World Traveling Merchants, Scholars, Warriors, and Monks Who Created the Riches of the East [Audiobook]
- 2018-08-14I Know a Woman The inspiring connections between the women who have shaped our world
- 2018-06-23When Asia Was the World Traveling Merchants, Scholars, Warriors, and Monks Who Created the Riches of...
- 2018-06-14When Asia Was the World Traveling Merchants, Scholars, Warriors, and Monks Who Created the Riches of...
- 2018-05-13Dear Madam President An Open Letter to the Women Who Will Run the World
- 2018-04-21At The Devil's Table The Man Who Took Down the World's Biggest Crime Syndicate [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.