Where Vultures Feast Shell, Human Rights, and Oil in the Niger Delta
Posted on 2023-03-17, by book2023.
Where Vultures Feast: Shell, Human Rights, and Oil in the Niger Delta By Ike Okonta; Oronto Douglas
2001 | 286 Pages | ISBN: 1578050464 | PDF | 44 MB
In 1995, Ken Saro-Wiwa, a writer, political activist, and leader of the Niger Delta's Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP), was summarily executed by Nigeria's brutal military junta. MOSOP was formed out of a final, desperate need to protest the destruction of a people's land and culture by two forces: a giant multinational corporation, Royal Dutch Shell, and a series of corrupt and repressive Nigerian governments.With the support of the Nigerian regime, Shell has instituted practices such as gas flaring (the ignition of gas in the atmosphere), the laying of dangerous high-pressure oil pipelines above ground, and the pollution of water sources, degrading the land and leaving many local people destitute. In contrast to the beneficial picture of the corporation's activities painted by its public relations professionals, authors Ike Okonta and Oronto Douglas have found persuasive evidence that Shell and the Nigerian government share responsibility for making the Niger Delta one of the world's most endangered ecosystems.As compelling as it is important, Where Vultures Feast is a story that demands to be heard.
More Ebooks ,Course Expensive Download Click Here --> https://dl4all.org || https://oneddl.org
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
8506 dl's @ 3439 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
5368 dl's @ 2041 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
6276 dl's @ 3278 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...Where Vultures Feast Shell, Human Rights, and Oil in the Niger Delta
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 57602
- 2018-11-24Human Rights and Narrated Lives The Ethics of Recognition
- 2018-08-08Human Rights and Narrated Lives The Ethics of Recognition
- 2010-03-13Human Rights and Reform: Changing the Face of North African Politics
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Implementation of Oil Related Environmental Policies in Nigeria: Government Inertia and Conflict in the Niger Delta
- 2011-11-15Children and Transitional Justice: Truth-Telling, Accountability and Reconciliation (Human Rights Program Series)
- 2011-08-04Children and Transitional Justice: Truth-Telling, Accountability and Reconciliation (Human Rights Program Series)
- 2011-10-09Beyond Collusion
- 2011-09-20World Report 2011: Events of 2010 (Human Rights Watch World Report)
- 2011-07-27World Report 2011: Events of 2010 (Human Rights Watch World Report)
- 2011-07-20Beyond Collusion
- 2023-03-04Research Handbook on Human Rights and Digital Technology Global Politics, Law and International Relations
- 2023-02-26Regulating Speech in Cyberspace Gatekeepers, Human Rights and Corporate Responsibility
- 2023-02-26Making Hong Kong China The Rollback of Human Rights and the Rule of Law
- 2023-02-25Can Human Rights and National Sovereignty Coexist
- 2023-02-16Human Rights and Positive Obligations to Healthcare
- 2023-02-12Ethical Encounters Transnational Feminism, Human Rights, and War Cinema in Bangladesh
- 2023-02-10To Bring the Good News to All Nations Evangelical Influence on Human Rights and U.S. Foreign Relations
- 2023-01-28Beyond the Tariff Human Rights and the Release of Life Sentence Prisoners
- 2023-01-28Ne bis in idem and Multiple Sanctioning Systems A Case Law Study of the European Court of Human Rights and the Court of - Removed
No comments for "Where Vultures Feast Shell, Human Rights, and Oil in the Niger Delta".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.