Posted on 2021-01-27, by book24h.
Pavithra Narayanan, "What are you Reading?: The World Market and Indian Literary Production"
English | ISBN: 0415502438 | 2012 | 190 pages | PDF | 1251 KB
This book offers a material critique on various aspects of Indian literary production and its reception by its audiences. Taking a historical and contemporary lineage into account, the author variously discusses the social, political, and economic factors that impact upon and determine choices in the publishing world.
Examining the constructions of the archive of postcolonial works by Indian writers in relation to nationalist histories, language wars, and the relationship between economic policies and literature, the book forcefully argues that why we read what we read is more than coincidental. Placing the rights of minoritized and disadvantaged communities at the heart of the analysis of India's decolonization and industrial projects, the book attempts to address not just inequalities in the publishing world, but also social inequities engendered by global capitalism. Offering a critique of academics who act as cultural gatekeepers of intellectual production, the book finally underscores the disconnect between the academic theory and practice of scholars of postcolonial studies who argue against inequality and marginalization while simultaneously supporting hegemonic academic practices.
This book will be of interest to scholars of development studies, cultural studies, literature, postcolonial studies, economics, and those studying globalization, as well as the interested lay reader.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 46375
- 2021-03-02What are you Reading?: The World Market and Indian Literary Production
- 2021-02-11What are you Reading?: The World Market and Indian Literary Production
- 2021-01-26What are you Reading?: The World Market and Indian Literary Production
- 2018-12-21Alexander Claffy - Standards What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life (2018)
- 2012-02-23The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Directions in Development) - The World Bank
- 2012-01-05One Goal, Two Paths: Achieving Universal Access to Modern Energy in East Asia and Pacific - The World Bank
- 2012-01-01One Goal, Two Paths: Achieving Universal Access to Modern Energy in East Asia and Pacific - The World Bank
- 2011-12-29The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Directions in Development) - The World Bank
- 2016-11-28George Anderson, Andrew Barone - Life Between Heaven and Earth: What You Didn't Know About the World Hereafter and How It Can Help You (epub, azw3)
- 2014-02-16What Are You Hungry For?: The Chopra Solution to Permanent Weight Loss, Well-Being, and Lightness of Soul - Removed
- 2013-10-25What Are You Looking At?: The Surprising, Shocking, and Sometimes Strange Story of 150 Years of Modern Art
- 2009-07-27Rod Davis - What You Need to Know Before You Invest: An Introduction to the Stock Market and Other Investments
- 2021-03-02Winner Take All: China's Race for Resources and What It Means for the World
- 2021-01-20Buy, Hold, and Sell! The Investment Strategy That Could Save You From the Next Market Crash
- 2020-12-29Geek Girls Unite How Fangirls, Bookworms, Indie Chicks, and Other Misfits Are Taking Over the World
- 2020-12-13If You're Clueless About the Stock Market and Want to Know More
- 2020-11-24The Concrete Dragon: China's Urban Revolution and What it Means for the World
- 2020-11-23Pick a Grain and Make a Dish: Delicious Grain Recipes with Some History That Will Take You Around the World
- 2020-11-11The Concrete Dragon: China's Urban Revolution and What it Means for the World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.