Posted on 2020-09-13, by nokia241186.
English | ASIN: B085S8G4LB | 2020 | kbps | ~10:08:00 | 287 MB
Christine Montross (Author, Narrator), "Waiting for an Echo: The Madness of American Incarceration"
New York Times Books to Watch for in July
Time Best New Books July 2020
Galvanized by her work in our nation's jails, psychiatrist Christine Montross illuminates the human cost of mass incarceration and mental illness
Dr. Christine Montross has spent her career treating the most severely ill psychiatric patients. Several years ago, she set out to investigate why so many of her patients got caught up in the legal system when discharged from her care - and what happened to them therein.
Waiting for an Echo is a riveting, rarely seen glimpse into American incarceration. It is also a damning account of policies that have criminalized mental illness, shifting large numbers of people who belong in therapeutic settings into punitive ones.
The stark world of American prisons is shocking for all who enter it. But Dr. Montross's expertise - the mind in crisis - allowed her to reckon with the human stories behind the bars. A father attempting to weigh the impossible calculus of a plea bargain. A bright young woman whose life is derailed by addiction. Boys in a juvenile detention facility who, desperate for human connection, invent a way to communicate with one another from cell to cell.
Overextended doctors and correctional officers who strive to provide care and security in environments riddled with danger. In these encounters, Montross finds that while our system of correction routinely makes people with mental illness worse, just as routinely it renders mentally stable people psychiatrically unwell. The system is quite literally maddening.
Our methods of incarceration take away not only freedom but also selfhood and soundness of mind. In a nation where 95 percent of all inmates are released from prison and return to our communities, this is a practice that punishes us all.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 44557
- 2012-02-05Nonconventional Concrete Technologies: Renewal of the Highway Infrastructure (Compass series) - Committee On Nonconventional Concrete Technologies For Renewal Of The Highway Infrastructure, Commis
- 2011-12-18Nonconventional Concrete Technologies: Renewal of the Highway Infrastructure (Compass series) - Committee On Nonconventional Concrete Technologies For Renewal Of The Highway Infrastructure, Commis
- 2011-11-28Nonconventional Concrete Technologies: Renewal of the Highway Infrastructure (Compass series) - Committee On Nonconventional Concrete Technologies For Renewal Of The Highway Infrastructure, Commis
- 2018-07-22American Pravda My Fight for Truth in the Era of Fake News [Audiobook]
- 2018-05-22American Pravda: My Fight for Truth in the Era of Fake News [Audiobook] - Removed
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Conditioning for Distance Running: The Scientific Aspects (American College of Sports Medicine)
- 2013-05-16Jurismania: The Madness of American Law
- 2013-05-15Jurismania: The Madness of American Law
- 2011-10-09Playboy's Nudes - May/June 2010 2 ThÃ¡ng TÆ° 2010 09:58 English | PDF | 101 pages | 26.9MB Waiting for you between the covers of Playboy's Nudes are sensuous women who understand what sexy is all about! Download links:
- 2010-05-21War for Independence and the Transformation of American Society (Warfare and History)
- 2021-03-20Marx, Capital, and the Madness of Economic Reason [Audiobook]
- 2021-03-09Kill Switch: The Rise of the Modern Senate and the Crippling of American Democracy [Audiobook]
- 2021-01-08The Time Traveler's Guide to Restoration Britain: A Handbook for Visitors to the Seventeenth Century: 1660 1699 [Audiobook]
- 2020-11-211619: Jamestown and the Forging of American Democracy [Audiobook]
- 2020-10-11Separate and Unequal: The Kerner Commission and the Unraveling of American Liberalism [Audiobook]
- 2020-10-11Work It: Secrets for Success from the Boldest Women in Business [Audiobook]
- 2020-09-14The Longevity Code: Secrets to Living Well for Longer from the Front Lines of Science[Audiobook]
- 2020-09-13The Frontier in American History[Audiobook]
- 2019-07-04Truth Worth Telling A Reporter's Search for Meaning in the Stories of Our Times [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.