Posted on 2020-05-09, by books_lover.
In the ninth century, Vikings carried out raids on the Christian north and Muslim south of the Iberian peninsula (modern Spain and Portugal), going on to attack North Africa, southern Francia and Italy and perhaps sailing as far as Byzantium. A century later, Vikings killed a bishop of Santiago de Compostela and harried the coasts of al-Andalus. Most of the raids after this date were small in scale, but several heroes of the Old Norse sagas were said to have raided in the peninsula. These Vikings have been only a footnote to the history of the Viking Age. Many stories about their activities survive only in elaborate versions written centuries after the event, and in Arabic. This book reconsiders the Arabic material as part of a dossier that also includes Latin chronicles and charters as well as archaeological and place-name evidence. Arabic authors and their Latin contemporaries remembered Vikings in Iberia in surprisingly similar ways. How they did so sheds light on contemporary resp
- Ebooks list page : 43557
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Vikings in the South: Voyages to Iberia and the Mediterranean (Studies in Early Medieval History)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Bede and the Future (Studies in Early Medieval Britain and Ireland)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Pagan Goddesses in the Early Germanic World: Eostre, Hreda and the Cult of Matrons (Studies in Early Medieval History) [German]
- 2017-12-06[PDF] The Mediterranean Context of Early Greek History
- 2013-02-18The Mediterranean Context of Early Greek History (Repost)
- 2012-04-17The Mediterranean Context of Early Greek History
- 2021-04-07Personhood in the Byzantine Christian Tradition: Early, Medieval, and Modern Perspectives
- 2020-06-23The Common Cause: Creating Race and Nation in the American Revolution (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture and the University of North Carolina Press)
- 2020-05-09Anglo-Saxon Emotions: Reading the Heart in Old English Language, Literature and Culture (Studies in Early Medieval Britain and Ireland)
- 2020-04-20Mary and Philip: The marriage of Tudor England and Habsburg Spain (Studies in Early Modern European History)
- 2020-03-16Standard-Bearers of Equality: America’s First Abolition Movement (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture and the University of North Carolina Press)
- 2020-02-19The Nationalism of the Rich: Discourses and Strategies of Separatist Parties in Catalonia, Flanders, Northern Italy and Scotland (Routledge Studies in Modern European History)
- 2019-12-27The Village World of Early Medieval Northern Spain: Local Community and the Land Market
- 2019-05-10The Buddhist Conquest of China The Spread and Adaptation of Buddhism in Early Medieval China
- 2019-03-23The Buddhist Conquest of China The Spread and Adaptation of Buddhism in Early Medieval China
- 2018-07-15The Village World of Early Medieval Northern Spain Local Community and the Land Market
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Two Faces of Inca History: Dualism in the Narratives and Cosmology of Ancient Cuzco (Early Americas: History and Culture)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Love in the Time of Revolution: Transatlantic Literary Radicalism and Historical Change, 1793-1818 (Published for the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture, Williamsburg, Virginia)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Interplay between Urban Development, Vulnerability, and Risk Management: A Case Study of the Istanbul Metropolitan Area (SpringerBriefs in ... and Peace / Mediterranean Studies) (Volume 7) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.