Author: Update Plans for CompTIA A+ CertificationComputing Technology Industry Association Announces Update Plans for CompTIA A+ Certi
Posted on 2008-03-10, by koukou.
- Author: Update Plans for CompTIA A+ CertificationComputing Technology Industry Association Announces Update Plans for CompTIA A+ Certi
Computing Technology Industry Association Announces Update Plans for CompTIA A+ Certification
Exams will reflect changes in technology and job skills for computer service and support professionals
Oakbrook Terrace, IL, June 6, 2006 The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA), the worlds largest provider of vendor neutral certifications for professionals in the information technology (IT) industry, announced today that it is updating its CompTIA A+ certification offering to reflect the evolution of skills required for individuals embarking on a career in technology and by the employers who hire them.
"Technology is constantly evolving and so are the skills individuals working with technology must have," said John Venator, president and chief executive officer, CompTIA. "This requires us to continually evaluate and, when needed, update our certification products. In 2006 and beyond, employers want a foundation-level certification that covers both technology essentials and the specialized skills required in different computer service and support environments. With this update, CompTIA A+ continues to serve as the skills benchmark for entry into a technology career. Aligning this credential with specific job roles will increase its value to employers, employees and students alike."
The updated CompTIA A+ certification will continue to include two high stakes exams delivered as computer-based tests in a proctored environment. One exam will cover core competencies in the latest hardware and software technologies, including a greater emphasis on information security skills, safety and environmental issues and soft skills. The second exam will focus on how to apply the skills in specific job environments. Candidates and employers will have the ability to select the second exam that best fits their employment goals, or employee needs, such as IT technician, remote support or depot technician.
Enhancement of the security component in CompTIA A+ exams reflects the fact that todays entry-level IT worker encounters a host of security issues related to applications, operating systems, communications, procedures, and physical environments.
The addition of soft skills to the exams is in line with the need for IT workers to be able to interact and communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and professional manner with co-workers, customers, partners, and others.
"The role of the IT professional is more strategic for organizations, and technical skills alone are no longer enough for most IT jobs," said Neill Hopkins, vice president, skills development, CompTIA. "More than ever, companies value employees who can think strategically and communicate effectively, as well as those who possess strong business fundamentals. IT workers who understand how to use technology to meet business goals, and who can articulate this understanding, are golden in the eyes of employers."
The updated CompTIA A+ exams are scheduled for availability in the third quarter of 2006.
"The most significant and exciting aspect of this update is the flexibility it will offer," Venator said. "More than ever before, individuals will have the power to take control of their career options and to focus on specific areas in which they are interested. Employers will be able to select the exam elements that best suit their businesss needs, assuring that their personnel have the validated skills that are most relevant to the job tasks they are performing."
CompTIA members and organizations that use CompTIA A+ certification have been actively engaged throughout the development process. Input from numerous domestic and international users of the certification, including service organizations, government agencies, academic institutions, training providers, and individual certification holders and candidates is helping to shape the updated certification.
The current version of CompTIA A+ remains available worldwide. Approximately 700,000 individuals in some 190 countries around the world hold CompTIA A+ certification.
"Candidates now studying for, or considering CompTIA A+ certification, are encouraged to continue their preparation, as there is ample time available to them to achieve the certification based on its current objectives," said Hopkins.
Additional information on exam objectives, launch dates, available courseware, and other details related to the update of CompTIA A+ certification is available at http://certification.comptia.org/a/.
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) represents the business interests of the information technology (IT) industry. For 24 years CompTIA has provided research, networking and partnering opportunities to its 20,000 member organizations in more than 100 countries worldwide. CompTIA initiatives extend to areas such as convergence technologies, electronic commerce, information security, IT services, public policy, skills development, and software. CompTIA helps organization maximize the benefits they receive from their investments in technology; and assists IT workers to obtain the skills they need for productive careers in technology. For more information, please visit: www.comptia.org.
- Ebooks list page : 1609
- 2010-10-19ExamInsight For CompTIA Security Certification Exam SY0-101 (ExamInsight) (Repost)
- 2008-06-04ExamInsight For CompTIA Security Certification Exam SY0-101 (ExamInsight)
- 2011-07-18CompTIA A Certification All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- 2020-03-14CompTIA A Certification Premium Bundle: All-in-One Exam Guide, Tenth Edition with Online Access Code for Performance-Based Simulations, Video Training, and Practice Exams (Exams 220-1001 & 220-1002) Ed 10
- 2020-03-09CompTIA Security : Study Guide for the CompTIA Security Certification (Exam SY0-501)
- 2019-12-07CompTIA A Certification All-in-One For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech)) Ed 5
- 2019-10-28CompTIA A Certification All-in-One For Dummies, 5th Edition 2019
- 2018-10-17CompTIA Security Certification Guide: Master IT security essentials and exam topics for CompTIA Security SY0-501 certificatio
- 2018-03-06CompTIA A Certification All-in-One For Dummies, 4th Edition
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Comptia A Certification (Exams 220-901 & 220-902): Easy Guide for Beginners
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Data Storage Networking: Real World Skills for the CompTIA Storage Certification and Beyond
- 2017-11-28CompTIA A Certification All-in-One For Dummies, 4th Edition
- 2017-11-22CompTIA A Certification All-in-One For Dummies, 4th Edition
- 2017-11-21CompTIA A Certification All-in-One For Dummies, 4th Edition (repost)
- 2017-11-20CompTIA A Certification All-in-One For Dummies, 4th Edition
- 2017-11-15CompTIA A Certification All-in-One For Dummies, 4th Edition
- 2017-11-11[PDF] CompTIA A Certification All-in-One For Dummies (4th edition)
- 2017-11-10CompTIA A Certification All-in-One For Dummies, 4th Edition
- 2017-10-31CompTIA A Certification All-in-One For Dummies, 4th Edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.