Posted on 2021-06-04, by nokia241186.
English | June 1, 2021 | ISBN: 0593085973 | EPUB | 336 pages | 25.96 MB
Author: Maxine Bedat
A groundbreaking chronicle of the birthand deathof a pair of jeans, that exposes the fractures in our global supply chains, and our relationships to each other, ourselves, and the planet
Take a look at your favorite pair of jeans. Maybe you bought them on Amazon or the Gap; maybe the tag says "Made in Bangladesh" or "Made in Sri Lanka." But do you know where they really came from, how many thousands of miles they crossed, or the number of hands who picked, spun, wove, dyed, packaged, shipped, and sold them to get to you? The fashion industry operates with radical opacity, and it's only getting worse to disguise countless environmental and labor abuses. It epitomizes the ravages inherent in the global economy, and all in the name of ensuring that we keep buying more while thinking less about its real cost.
In Unraveled, entrepreneur, researcher, and advocate Maxine Bédat follows the life of an American icona pair of jeansto reveal what really happens to give us our clothes. We visit a Texas cotton farm figuring out how to thrive without relying on fertilizers that poison the earth. Inside dyeing and weaving factories in China, where chemicals that are banned in the West slosh on factory floors and drain into waterways used to irrigate local family farms. Sewing floors in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are crammed with women working for illegally low wages to produce garments as efficiently as machines. Back in America, our jeans get stowed, picked, and shipped out by Amazon warehouse workers pressed to be as quick as the robots primed to replace them. Finally, those jeans we had to have get sent to landfillsor, if they've been "donated," shipped back around the world to Africa, where they're sold for pennies in secondhand markets or buried and burned in mountains of garbage.
A sprawling, deeply researched, and provocative tour-de-force, Unraveled is not just the story of a pair of pants, but also the story of our global economy and our role in it. Told with piercing insight and unprecedented reporting, Unraveled challenges us to use our relationship with our jeansand all that we wearto reclaim our central role as citizens to refashion a society in which all people can thrive and preserve the planet for generations to come.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 47814
- 2021-06-09Unraveled: The Life and Death of a Garment [Audiobook]
- 2012-05-18The Illustrated Red Baron: The Life and Times of Manfred von Richthofen
- 2012-03-07Wizard: The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla: Biography of a Genius (Audiobook) By Marc J. Seifer, read by Simon Prebble
- 2022-03-20Stalin's Agent The Life and Death of Alexander Orlov
- 2022-03-18Liberator The Life and Death of Daniel O'Connell, 1830-1847
- 2022-01-20Dingo Bold The Life and Death of K'gari Dingoes (Animal Publics)
- 2022-01-14The Life and Death of Adolf Hitler
- 2021-12-13Down from the Mountain The Life and Death of a Grizzly Bear [Audiobook]
- 2021-12-08Anatomy of a Genocide - The Life and Death of a Town Called Buczacz
- 2021-08-29Icarus The Life and Death of the Abraaj Group
- 2021-08-17The life and death of Leon Trotsky
- 2021-07-31Say Her Name The Life and Death of Sandra Bland 2018 1080p WEBRip x265-RARBG
- 2021-06-03Bill Lancaster: The Final Verdict The Life and Death of an Aviation Pioneer
- 2021-05-17Red River Girl: The Life and Death of Tina Fontaine (Audiobook)
- 2021-03-22Lady You Shot Me The Life and Death of Sam Cooke 2017 1080p WEBRip x265-RARBG
- 2021-03-21Napoleon's Paper Kingdom: The Life and Death of Westphalia, 1807-1813
- 2021-01-17The Life and Death of Psychoanalysis
- 2021-01-10Dateline 2020 12 18 The Life and Death of Princess Diana 720p WEB H264-WEBTUBE
- 2020-12-19Dateline 2020 12 18 The Life and Death of Princess Diana 1080p HEVC x265-MeGusta
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.