Posted on 2020-10-18, by nokia241186.
English | 2020 | ISBN-13 : 978-0691206004 | 225 Pages | True PDF | 127.18 MB
A vivid, eye-opening view of why birds behave the way they do
Birds are intelligent, sociable creatures that exhibit a wide array of behaviors-from mobbing and mimicking to mating and joint nesting. Why do they behave as they do? Bringing to light the remarkable actions of birds through examples from species around the world, Understanding Bird Behavior presents engaging vignettes about the private lives of birds, all explained in an evolutionary context.
We discover how birds find food, relying on foraging techniques, tools, and thievery. We learn about the courtship rituals through which birds choose, compete for, woo, and win mates; the familial conflicts that crop up among parents, offspring, and siblings; and the stresses and strains of nesting, including territory defense, nepotism, and relationship sabotage. We see how birds respond to threats and danger-through such unique practices as murmurations, specific alarm calls, distraction displays, and antipredator nest design. We also read about how birds change certain behaviors-preening, migration, breeding, and huddling-based on climate. Richly illustrated, this book explores the increasing focus on how individual birds differ in personality and how big data and citizen scientists are helping to add to what we know about them.
Drawing on classic examples and the latest research, Understanding Bird Behavior offers a close-up look at the many ways birds conduct themselves in the wild.
Compelling insights into bird behavior
Classic examples and the latest research, including work by citizen scientists
Fascinating vignettes about the private lives of birds, from finding food and family life, to coping with climate and other threats
150 detailed color illustrations and photographs
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 44944
- 2012-01-25AN ILLUSTRATED GUIDE TO ELECTRONIC WARFARE free ebook download
- 2012-01-03The Military Jeep, Model MB-GPW: An Illustrated Guide to its Features and Evolution 1941-1945
- 2011-11-20Mammal Anatomy: An Illustrated Guide
- 2020-08-10Understanding Cat Behavior - A Compassionate Guide to Training and Communication
- 2020-10-07Leather Crafting Beginner's Manual: A Step by Step Illustrated Guide with Basic Leatherworking Projects and Techniques
- 2020-08-23The Human Brain Book - An Illustrated Guide to its Structure, Function, and Disorders
- 2020-06-23The Naturalist's Illustrated Guide to the Sierra Foothills and Central Valley
- 2019-12-16The Concise Human Body Book: An illustrated guide to its structure, function and disorders - Removed
- 2019-08-02The Concise Human Body Book: An illustrated guide to its structure, function and disorders - Removed
- 2019-03-25The Human Brain Book An Illustrated Guide to its Structure, Function, and Disorders - Removed
- 2019-03-11The Human Brain Book: An Illustrated Guide to its Structure, Function, and Disorders - Removed
- 2019-01-24The Human Brain Book An Illustrated Guide to its Structure, Function, and Disorders, 2nd Edition - Removed
- 2019-01-15Trump Tweets, the World Reacts Understanding What Is Relevant and Why
- 2019-01-10Trump Tweets, the World Reacts Understanding What Is Relevant and Why
- 2019-01-10The Human Brain Book An Illustrated Guide to its Structure, Function, and Disorders, 2nd Edition - Removed
- 2018-12-28Trump Tweets, the World Reacts Understanding What Is Relevant and Why
- 2018-10-29Capoeira 100 An Illustrated Guide to the Essential Movements and Techniques
- 2018-09-23The Complete Book of Mah Jongg An Illustrated Guide to the Asian, American and International Styles of Play, 2nd Edition
- 2018-06-17Elements of Taste Understanding What We Like and Why
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.