Twenty Ads That Shook the World The Century's Most Groundbreaking Advertising and How It Changed Us ...
Posted on 2021-01-25, by book24h.
James Twitchell, "Twenty Ads That Shook the World: The Century's Most Groundbreaking Advertising and How It Changed Us All"
English | ISBN: 0609605631 | 2000 | 240 pages | PDF | 29 MB
Like it or not, commercial speech - advertising - makes up most of what we share as a culture. We live in a time when the vast majority of Americans can recite, almost without thinking about it, the ingredients of a McDonald's Big Mac but would be hard-pressed to do the same with, say, a line or two of Wordsworth's poetry. It's with this in mind that James B. Twitchell, one of the most respected advertising scholars and pundits, and the author of the classic advertising text Adcult USA, has chosen the twenty ads (complete with their artwork) of the twentieth century that have most influenced our culture and marketplace. P. T. Barnum's creation of buzz, Pepsodent and the magic of the preemptive claim, Listerine introducing America to the scourge of halitosis, Nike's "Just Do It," Clairol's "Does She or Doesn't She?," Leo Burnett's invention of the Marlboro Man, Revlon's Charlie Girl, Coke's re-creation of Santa Claus, Absolut and the art world - these ads are the signposts of a century of consumerism, our modern canon that is understood, accepted, beloved, and hated the world over.
Twitchell has chosen carefully. These are not necessarily the ads and the ad campaigns that have been most effective in selling their products, but rather those that have entered the popular lexicon and had a profound effect on us all, often without our knowing it. The ads and the people behind them developed the art of selling things, and became in the process cultural artifacts. In other words, these ads became events in advertising culture and, by extension, in common culture.
Each ad and its overall campaign are deconstructed; we see firsthand how and why they are created, which needs they address, what boundaries they break. And we meet the geniuses of the business - Rosser Reeves, Leo Burnett, David Ogilvy, Claude Hopkins - and learn what made them tick.
Individually, these are fascinating accounts of how specific, brilliant ads were developed and run. Together, these ads tell the history of our century through the lens of consumerism. Twenty Ads That Shook the World will stand as one of the genre's seminal texts, equally useful to the people working in, or studying the art of, advertising, and to those of us who, despite our best intentions, say, "Where's the Beef ?"
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 46341
- 2021-03-01Twenty Ads That Shook the World: The Century's Most Groundbreaking Advertising and How It Changed Us All
- 2021-02-11Twenty Ads That Shook the World: The Century's Most Groundbreaking Advertising and How It Changed Us All
- 2011-12-09The Mechanics of the Derivatives Markets: What They Are and How They Function
- 2018-08-09The Ghost Map The Story of London's Most Terrifying Epidemic and How It Changed Science, Cities, and the Modern World - Removed
- 2009-09-04The Ghost Map: The Story of London's Most Terrifying Epidemic--And How It Changed Science, Cities, and the Modern World - Removed
- 2020-05-11Why We Get Sick: The Hidden Epidemic at the Root of Most Chronic Disease—and How to Fight It
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Rising Tide: The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 and How it Changed America
- 2011-07-12John M. Barry - Rising Tide: The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 and How it Changed America
- 2011-11-02Who Said That First?: The Curious Origins of Common Words and Phrases
- 2021-08-25The Verge Reformation, Renaissance, and Forty Years that Shook the World
- 2021-07-27The Verge Reformation, Renaissance, and Forty Years That Shook the World by Patrick Wyman
- 2021-07-25The Verge - Reformation, Renaissance, and Forty Years that Shook the World
- 2021-07-20The Verge Reformation, Renaissance, and Forty Years That Shook the World [Audiobook]
- 2021-05-31After Floyd The Year That Shook the World A Soul of a Nation Special 2021 WEB h264-BAE
- 2021-05-27The Verge: Reformation, Renaissance, and Forty Years that Shook the World
- 2021-04-28Frontline S39E17 The Virus That Shook The World Part 2 1080p HEVC x265-MeGusta
- 2021-04-28Frontline S39E17 The Virus That Shook The World Part 2 720p HEVC x265-MeGusta
- 2021-04-27Frontline S39E16 The Virus That Shook The World Part 1 1080p HEVC x265-MeGusta
- 2021-03-22Diana 7 Days That Shook the World 2017 1080p WEBRip x265-RARBG
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.