Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2009-02-24. By anonymous.
Publisher: ABC-CLIO | 2007-02-14 | ISBN 185109881X | PDF | 254 pages | 7.0 MB
This work is a creative approach to history that not only recounts what actually happened during the Civil War, but also imagines alternate outcomes had key events turned out differently, and how they might have changed the course of American history. The Northern victory in the Civil War made the United States the nation it is today. It increased the power of the federal government, freed the slaves, and demonstrated that the Union would be held together by force. But just a few years earlier, when the war began, victory by the North was far from assured. What if the South had won? In colorful, readable prose, this volume provides a full history of the Civil War - including John Brown's raid; the story of the Confederate States of America; the battles of Bull Run, Antietam, and Gettysburg; Sherman's March to the Sea; the Emancipation Proclamation; the Thirteenth Amendment; Lincoln's assassination; Reconstruction; and Andrew Johnson's impeachment. But more importantly, it offers a range of essays on how events could have turned out differently - militarily, politically, and culturally. It challenges students and general readers alike to remember that the course of history is not preordained. Instead, history is "made" in critical moments of decision by those who choose one course of action over another. Their choices - and the outcomes of those choices - could easily have been different.
- Ebooks list page : 2392
- 2009-12-25Turning Points - Actual and Alternate Histories: America in Revolt during the 1960s and 1970s
- 2011-08-09Turning Points - Actual and Alternate Histories: Manifest Destiny and the Expansion of America (Turning PointsActual and Alternate Histories)
- 2008-12-20Turning Points - Actual and Alternate Histories: The Reagan Era from the Iran Crisis to Kosovo
- 2021-08-30Slavery and Freedom in the Shenandoah Valley During the Civil War Era [Audiobook]
- 2013-08-19The Fall of the House of Dixie: The Civil War and the Social Revolution That Transformed the South [Repost]
- 2013-01-31The Fall of the House of Dixie: The Civil War and the Social Revolution That Transformed the South
- 2022-08-16Spectacle of Grief Public Funerals and Memory in the Civil War Era
- 2022-07-20Sick from Freedom African-American Illness and Suffering During the Civil War and Reconstruction (Audiobook)
- 2022-03-18Baseball in Blue and Gray The National Pastime during the Civil War
- 2022-01-13The Zeppelins of World War I The History and Legacy of Zeppelin Air Raids during the Great War
- 2020-11-28The Civil War Era and Reconstruction: An Encyclopedia of Social, Political, Cultural and Economic History
- 2020-05-08The World the Civil War Made (The Steven and Janice Brose Lectures in the Civil War Era)
- 2020-01-06The Women's Fight: The Civil War's Battles for Home, Freedom, and Nation (Littlefield History of the Civil War Era)
- 2019-12-09Illusions of Emancipation: The Pursuit of Freedom and Equality in the Twilight of Slavery (Littlefield History of the Civil War Era)
- 2019-02-24Adolf Hitler And Joseph Stalin Two Predator Leaders During The World War II (The Greatest People
- 2019-01-30Adolf Hitler And Joseph Stalin Two Predator Leaders During The World War II (The Greatest People ...
- 2018-11-12Shades of Blue and Gray An Introductory Military History of the Civil War
- 2018-08-11Midnight in America Darkness, Sleep, and Dreams During the Civil War
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Ladies' Hand Book of Fancy and Ornamental Work: Directions and Patterns from the Civil War Era (Dover Books on Knitting and Crochet)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.