Posted on 2021-07-21, by book24h.
Trading at the Speed of Light
by MacKenzie, Donald;
English | 2021 | ISBN: 9780691211381 | 299 pages | True PDF | 10.07 MB
A remarkable look at how the growth, technology, and politics of high-frequency trading have altered global financial markets
In today's financial markets, trading floors on which brokers buy and sell shares face-to-face have increasingly been replaced by lightning-fast electronic systems that use algorithms to execute astounding volumes of transactions. Trading at the Speed of Light tells the story of this epic transformation. Donald MacKenzie shows how in the 1990s, in what were then the disreputable margins of the US financial system, a new approach to trading-automated high-frequency trading or HFT-began and then spread throughout the world. HFT has brought new efficiency to global trading, but has also created an unrelenting race for speed, leading to a systematic, subterranean battle among HFT algorithms.
In HFT, time is measured in nanoseconds (billionths of a second), and in a nanosecond the fastest possible signal-light in a vacuum-can travel only thirty centimeters, or roughly a foot. That makes HFT exquisitely sensitive to the length and transmission capacity of the cables connecting computer servers to the exchanges' systems and to the location of the microwave towers that carry signals between computer datacenters. Drawing from more than 300 interviews with high-frequency traders, the people who supply them with technological and communication capabilities, exchange staff, regulators, and many others, MacKenzie reveals the extraordinary efforts expended to speed up every aspect of trading. He looks at how in some markets big banks have fought off the challenge from HFT firms, and how exchanges sometimes engineer technical systems to favor certain types of algorithms over others.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 48597
- 2021-06-02Trading at the Speed of Light: How Ultrafast Algorithms Are Transforming Financial Markets [Audiobook]
- 2021-06-02Trading at the Speed of Light: How Ultrafast Algorithms Are Transforming Financial Markets
- 2021-12-13The Age of Agile How Smart Companies Are Transforming the Way Work Gets Done [Audiobook]
- 2020-04-20The Age of Agile How Smart Companies Are Transforming the Way Work Gets Done by St...
- 2019-12-20The Digital Banking Revolution: How Fintech Companies Are Transforming the Retail Banking Industry Through Disruptive Financial Innovation, Third Edition Ed 3
- 2018-07-08The Age of Agile How Smart Companies Are Transforming the Way Work Gets Done
- 2018-04-01The Age of Agile: How Smart Companies Are Transforming the Way Work Gets Done
- 2022-08-03At the Speed of Irrelevance How America Blew Its AI Leadership Position and How to Regain It - Removed
- 2022-08-02At the Speed of Irrelevance How America Blew Its AI Leadership Position and How to Regain It (True PDF)
- 2021-11-21Nikon School The Speed Of Light
- 2021-11-08Nikon School The Speed Of Light Portable
- 2021-04-29Space At The Speed Of Light The History Of 14 Billion Years For People Short On Time
- 2021-03-08The Power of Light: How to Use It in Your Art
- 2020-11-24Speedlights And Speedlites Creative Flash Photography At The Speed Of Light
- 2020-09-14Space at the Speed of Light: The History of 14 Billion Years for People Short on Time [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-13Life at the Speed of Light: From the Double Helix to the Dawn of Digital Life
- 2020-06-26Space at the Speed of Light The History of 14 Billion Years for People Short on T...
- 2020-06-19Space at the Speed of Light The History of 14 Billion Years for People Short on T...
- 2020-03-26Space at the Speed of Light: The History of 14 Billion Years for People Short on Time - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.