Posted on 2021-04-25, by nokia241186.
English | ISBN: 9780711251663 | 160 pages | January 7, 2020 | EPUB | 9.98 MB
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
Recommended by Oprah's Book Club, ESSENCE, We Need Diverse Books, ellentube, Brit + Co, PureWow, Teen Vogue, Time, New York, USA and TODAY.com
Also available: This Book Is Anti-Racist Journal, a guided journal with more than 50 activities to support your anti-racism journey
Who are you? What is racism? Where does it come from? Why does it exist? What can you do to disrupt it? Learn about social identities, the history of racism and resistance against it, and how you can use your anti-racist lens and voice to move the world toward equity and liberation.
"In a racist society, it's not enough to be non-racist-we must be ANTI-RACIST." -Angela Davis
Gain a deeper understanding of your anti-racist self as you progress through 20 chapters that spark introspection, reveal the origins of racism that we are still experiencing, and give you the courage and power to undo it. Each lesson builds on the previous one as you learn more about yourself and racial oppression. An activity at the end of every chapter gets you thinking and helps you grow with the knowledge. All you need is a pen and paper.
Author Tiffany Jewell, an anti-bias, anti-racist educator and activist, builds solidarity beginning with the language she chooses-using gender neutral words to honor everyone who reads the book. Illustrator Aurélia Durand brings the stories and characters to life with kaleidoscopic vibrancy.
After examining the concepts of social identity, race, ethnicity, and racism, learn about some of the ways people of different races have been oppressed, from indigenous Americans and Australians being sent to boarding school to be "civilized" to a generation of Caribbean immigrants once welcomed to the UK being threatened with deportation by strict immigration laws.
Find hope in stories of strength, love, joy, and revolution that are part of our history, too, with such figures as the former slave Toussaint Louverture, who led a rebellion against white planters that eventually led to Haiti's independence, and Yuri Kochiyama, who, after spending time in an internment camp for Japanese Americans during WWII, dedicated her life to supporting political prisoners and advocating reparations for those wrongfully interned.
Learn language and phrases to interrupt and disrupt racism. So, when you hear a microaggression or racial slur, you'll know how to act next time.
This book is written for EVERYONE who lives in this racialized society-including the young person who doesn't know how to speak up to the racist adults in their life, the kid who has lost themself at times trying to fit into the dominant culture, the children who have been harmed (physically and emotionally) because no one stood up for them or they couldn't stand up for themselves, and also for their families, teachers, and administrators.
With this book, be empowered to actively defy racism and xenophobia to create a community (large and small) that truly honors everyone.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 47426
- 2020-11-21Conversational Spanish: This Book Includes: Conversational Spanish Dialogues For Beginners Volume I, II, III, IV, V, And VI
- 2021-03-10Big Book of Whittle Fun: 31 Simple Projects You Can Make with a Knife, Branches & Other Found Wood (True EPUB)
- 2021-02-11Big Book of Whittle Fun: 31 Simple Projects You Can Make with a Knife, Branches & Other Found Wood (True EPUB)
- 2020-10-09The Blues Guitar Looper Pedal Book: How to Use Your Looper Pedal and Play the Blues
- 2020-06-16Yes, You Can Do This! How Women Start Up, Scale Up, and Build the Life They Want (Techstars)
- 2019-05-29Windows 10 May 2019 Update: The Missing Manual: The Book That Should Have Been in the Box (True EPUB)
- 2019-01-15The Ultimate Anti Inflammatory Diet for Beginners 30 Easy Recipes to Restore Health and Heal the
- 2019-01-11The Ultimate Anti Inflammatory Diet for Beginners 30 Easy Recipes to Restore Health and Heal the
- 2019-01-06The Ultimate Anti Inflammatory Diet for Beginners 30 Easy Recipes to Restore Health and Heal the ...
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Understanding Eckhart Tolle Workbook: 12 Lessons 12 Exercises to Stop Your Inner Chat and Experience The Power of Now! (The Secret of Now Series Vol. 1) - Removed
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Brain Brilliance: Amazing Lessons on How to Improve Memory Blazingly Fast and Find Out How to Learn Much Faster (Brain Brilliance, Brain Brilliance books, brain training)
- 2021-04-18101 Crucial Lessons They Don t Teach You in Business School Forbes calls this book
- 2020-05-11Piano Lessons - This Book Includes - The Complete Beginners Guide to Learn Keys,
- 2018-09-23101 Crucial Lessons They Don't Teach You in Business School: Forbes calls this book 1 of 6 books that all entrepreneurs must re
- 2021-09-25Cricut Design Space This Book Includes- Guide Projects for Beginners & Craft Advanced Projects [Audiobook]
- 2021-09-18Start Making Your Own Bread Machine Recipes!: Read This Book To Make Delicious Bread Machine Dishes!
- 2021-09-09Computer Programming This Book Includes Learn Python SQL Programming Arduino Programming, 2021 Edition
- 2021-09-06Cook This Book - Techniques That Teach and Recipes to Repeat - A Cookbook
- 2021-09-06Grammar Launch Intermediate 1 Completely master 15 English grammar structures using this book and the Grammar Launch
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.