Posted on 2020-05-11, by books_lover.
The term “Anthropocene”, the era of mankind, is increasingly being used as a scientific designation for the current geological epoch. This is because the human species now dominates ecosystems worldwide, and affects nature in a way that rivals natural forces in magnitude and scale. Thinking about Animals in the Age of the Anthropocene presents a dozen chapters that address the role and place of animals in this epoch characterized by anthropogenic (human-made) environmental change. While some chapters describe our impact on the living conditions of animals, others question conventional ideas about human exceptionalism, and stress the complex cognitive and other abilities of animals. The Anthropocene idea forces us to rethink our relation to nature and to animals, and to critically reflect on our own role and place in the world, as a species. Nature is not what it was. Nor are the lives of animals as they used to be before mankind´s rise to global ecological prominence. Can we eventually
- Ebooks list page : 43573
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Thinking about Animals in the Age of the Anthropocene (Ecocritical Theory and Practice)
- 2021-09-01Trust, Organizations and the Digital Economy Theory and Practice
- 2021-08-20Avenging Nature The Role of Nature in Modern and Contemporary Art and Literature (Ecocritical Theory and Practice)
- 2021-04-14The Colonial State: Theory and Practice
- 2021-04-11The Colonial State: Theory and Practice
- 2021-02-15Economic Empowerment of Women in the Islamic World: Theory and Practice
- 2021-01-22Public Relations in the Nonprofit Sector Theory and Practice
- 2021-01-12Economic Empowerment of Women in the Islamic World: Theory and Practice
- 2020-06-18Logistics and Supply Chain Innovation Bridging the Gap between Theory and Practice
- 2020-05-30Logistics and Supply Chain Innovation Bridging the Gap between Theory and Practice
- 2020-05-05Public Relations in the Nonprofit Sector: Theory and Practice (Routledge Research in Public Relations)
- 2020-02-06Sustainability and the City: Urban Poetics and Politics (Ecocritical Theory and Practice)
- 2019-03-05Identification and Control The Gap between Theory and Practice
- 2018-12-13Identification and Control The Gap between Theory and Practice
- 2018-11-15Crowdfunding in Europe State of the Art in Theory and Practice
- 2018-10-29Irrigation water pricing the gap between theory and practice
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Design, Measurement and Management of Large-Scale IP Networks: Bridging the Gap Between Theory and Practice
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Counseling the Culturally Diverse: Theory and Practice
- 2018-01-09[PDF] The Unwritten Grotowski: Theory and Practice of the Encounter (Routledge Advances in Theatre & Performance Studies)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.