Posted on 2022-07-26, by book2023.
Thinking About Prescribing : The Psychology of Psychopharmacology With Diverse Youth and Families
by Shashank V. Joshi, Andres Martin
English | 2022 | ISBN: 1615373888 | 398 Pages | True ePUB | 6 MB
Our remedies are only as good as the way in which we dispense them
That's the central premise of Thinking About Prescribing, a new volume that encourages pharmacotherapists to view the prescribing of a psychiatric medication to young patients not simply as part of a clinical visit, but rather as the beginning of an ongoing alliance with youth and their parents or legal guardians.
The book makes the case for a partnership that doesn't lean on psychiatric jargon or an encyclopedic list of side effects, but instead on measured candor, vulnerability, and―most importantly―time.
Thinking About Prescribing leverages the knowledge of more than two dozen experts as it tackles topics that include:
* The essential features of the Common Factors approach and the Y-model of psychotherapy, which highlights how relational aspects of pharmacotherapy are key to child & adolescent psychiatric practice, even for brief visits
* How best to utilize the 30-minute Brief Pharmacotherapy Visit (BPV), so that the alliance is nurtured and time is most efficiently utilized
* Techniques, adapted from evidence-based psychotherapies, to enhance medication adherence in diverse youth populations
* Approaches to adapt psychoeducation for culturally diverse populations, and consider why many youth & families may be skeptical of pharmacotherapeutic interventions
* Strategies to cultivate a pharmacotherapeutic alliance when engaging with patients and families via telehealth, including in the school setting
* Tips for pediatricians, advanced-practice clinicians, and other primary care providers who conduct pharmacotherapy
The chapters feature key takeaways that distill the most salient points and that aid in knowledge retention.
Rather than raise unrealistic expectations (two chapters acknowledge the reality of practicing when time and resources are scarce), the goal of this book is to help pharmacotherapists mitigate the stigma, apprehension, or resignation their patients may have and instead build and maintain a trusting relationship that will be key to successful therapeutic outcomes.
More Ebooks ,Course Expensive Download Click Here --> https://dl4all.org || https://oneddl.org
DONWLOAD FROM RAPIDGATOR
- Ebooks list page : 53463
- 2012-01-03From Neurons to Neighborhoods : The Science of Early Childhood Development - Committee On Integrating The Science Of Early Childhood Development, Youth, And Families Board On Ch
- 2011-12-04From Neurons to Neighborhoods
- 2021-08-07Thinking about Mathematics The Philosophy of Mathematics
- 2021-06-14On Killing Remotely: The Psychology of Killing with Drones
- 2021-06-13On Killing Remotely: The Psychology of Killing with Drones [PDF]
- 2021-06-09On Killing Remotely: The Psychology of Killing with Drones [Audiobook]
- 2021-06-01On Killing Remotely: The Psychology of Killing with Drones
- 2019-01-03Finding Flow The Psychology of Engagement with Everyday Life (Masterminds Series)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Finding Flow: The Psychology of Engagement with Everyday Life (Masterminds Series)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Thinking about Life: The history and philosophy of biology and other sciences - Removed
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Thinking about Mathematics: The Philosophy of Mathematics
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Essays on Contemporary Events: The Psychology of Nazism. With a New Forward by Andrew Samuels (Princeton Legacy Library) - Removed
- 2017-04-06[PDF] Our Desire of Unrest: Thinking About Therapy (The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy Series)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Thinking about Mathematics: The Philosophy of Mathematics - Removed
- 2014-04-06Thinking about Life: The history and philosophy of biology and other sciences (repost) - Removed
- 2013-11-07Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi - Finding Flow: The Psychology of Engagement with Everyday Life [PDF]
- 2012-06-30Thinking about Life: The History and Philosophy of Biology and Other Sciences (Repost)
- 2012-05-23Thinking about Life: The history and philosophy of biology and other sciences [Repost]
- 2009-11-02Thinking about Mathematics: The Philosophy of Mathematics (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.