Posted on 2010-02-16. By anonymous.
Crown Business | 2008 | ISBN: 0307381048 | 288 pages | PDF | 1,1 MB
How Jeff D. Opdyke became a successful international investor is an Everyman tale that began thirteen years ago when he discarded conventional wisdom. At the time, Wall Streetâ€™s pros insisted that average investors buy domestic mutual funds that invest overseas. But Jeff ignored their tepid advice. Instead, he opted for the intrepid, opening bank and brokerage accounts from New Zealand to Hong Kong in order to buy the local stocks he wanted to own, not those that some fund manager deemed worthy.
Jeff did so with great insight: People are people no matter whether home is in Madrid, Memphis, or Mumbai. They drink beer and buy homes and the furnishings and appliances to put in them. As hundreds of millions of people around the world strive to move into the middle class, the companies that meet these basic needs are becoming the great investment opportunities of today and tomorrow. Only a fraction of them, however, trade on American stock exchanges.
So, armed with simple tools available to you and me (the Internet and an e-mail account), Jeff found companies intimately tied to their local economies but capable of expansionâ€”to America, perhaps, or more important to Asia and other regions of explosive growth. One such company is Fisher & Paykel, a New Zealandâ€“based maker of appliances that over the course of a dozen years has produced a steady stream of dividends and special distributions and has gained more than 17 percent a year for Jeff.
How to find companies like Fisher & Paykel is the heart of this book. You can indeed make the world your oyster by diversifying your portfolio, and Jeff provides indispensable insight and practical guidelines for every aspect of investing directly overseas. He shows how to research and track companies, set up foreign brokerage accounts, handle tax issues, convert currencies, and fund accounts.
Why venture beyond the United States to begin with? Because America is really just one small island. For every American public company, there are four beyond our shoresâ€”many of which are small to midsize and have huge potential for growth, which youâ€™ll never find by trading in America alone.
If youâ€™re ready to take the next step in building a truly diversified portfolio, you will gain a wealth of invaluable insight and information from Jeffâ€™s engaging first-person accounts of his trial-and-errorâ€”but, ultimately, highly successfulâ€”globe-trotting career in search of worthy stocks.
The opportunities for investing overseas are indisputable. The World Is Your Oyster is your travel guide: pinpointing five of the best reasons to go global, detailing various ways for investors of every temperamentâ€”from timid to adventurousâ€”to cross financial borders, focusing on how to invest directly in hot spots from China to Turkey to Eastern Europe, and revealing how the Internet and other twenty-first-century technology has opened a world of direct overseas investment opportunities for you.
In order not to miss many of them follow ebooks section (see top of each page on AH)
and visit my blog too :)
- Ebooks list page : 4680
- 2017-12-01[PDF] The World Is Your Oyster: The Guide to Finding Great Investments Around the Globe
- 2017-01-17[PDF] The World Is Your Oyster: The Guide to Finding Great Investments Around the Globe
- 2020-07-16The Master Cleanse Made Easy: Your No-Fail Guide to Feeling Great During and After Your Detox
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The Master Cleanse Made Easy: Your No-Fail Guide to Feeling Great During and After Your Detox
- 2019-03-28The Little Book That Builds Wealth The Knockout Formula for Finding Great Investments
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The Little Book That Builds Wealth: The Knockout Formula for Finding Great Investments
- 2013-03-05The Little Book That Builds Wealth: The Knockout Formula for Finding Great Investments (repost)
- 2010-10-21The Little Book That Builds Wealth: The Knockout Formula for Finding Great Investments
- 2010-08-19The Little Book That Builds Wealth: The Knockout Formula for Finding Great Investments
- 2010-07-19The Little Book That Builds Wealth: The Knockout Formula for Finding Great Investments
- 2010-07-14The Little Book That Builds Wealth: The Knockout Formula for Finding Great Investments
- 2010-07-10The Little Book That Builds Wealth: The Knockout Formula for Finding Great Investments
- 2009-07-26The Little Book That Builds Wealth: The Knockout Formula for Finding Great Investments (AudioBook)
- 2018-10-10Every Landlord's Guide to Finding Great Tenants, 4th Edition
- 2014-02-08Inflight Science: A Guide to the World From Your Airplane Window
- 2021-06-11The Great Work of Your Life: A Guide for the Journey to Your True Calling [Audiobook]
- 2021-05-11How Quantum Physicists Build New Beliefs: Your Personal Coaching Guide to Truly and Fully Unleash the Law of Attraction
- 2021-04-23Better Sleep, Better You: Your No Stress Guide for Getting the Sleep You Need and the Life You Want
- 2021-04-13The Successful Career Toolkit: Your Quick Fire Guide to Mastering Business Skills [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.