Posted on 2022-06-25, by book2023.
English | 2015 | MP3 | M4B | ASIN: B00Y1EM8F6 | Duration: 7:29 h | 204 MB
James McPherson / Narrated by Grover Gardner
More than 140 years ago, Mark Twain observed that the Civil War had "uprooted institutions that were centuries old, changed the politics of a people, transformed the social life of half the country, and wrought so profoundly upon the entire national character that the influence cannot be measured short of two or three generations". In fact five generations have passed, and Americans are still trying to measure the influence of the immense fratricidal conflict that nearly tore the nation apart.
In The War that Forged a Nation, Pulitzer Prize-winning historian James M. McPherson considers why the Civil War remains so deeply embedded in our national psyche and identity. The drama and tragedy of the war, from its scope and size - an estimated death toll of 750,000, far more than the rest of the country's wars combined - to the nearly mythical individuals involved - Abraham Lincoln, Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson - help explain why the Civil War remains a topic of interest. But the legacy of the war extends far beyond historical interest or scholarly attention.
McPherson ultimately proves the impossibility of understanding the issues of our own time unless we first understand their roots in the era of the Civil War. From racial inequality and conflict between the North and South to questions of state sovereignty or the role of government in social change - these issues, McPherson shows, are as salient and controversial today as they were in the 1860s.
Thoughtful, provocative, and authoritative, The War That Forged a Nation looks anew at the reasons America's Civil War has remained a subject of intense interest for the past century and a half and affirms the enduring relevance of the conflict for America today.
More Ebooks ,Course Expensive Download Click Here --> https://dl4all.org || https://oneddl.org
DONWLOAD FROM RAPIDGATOR
- Ebooks list page : 52913
- 2020-04-23The War That Forged a Nation: Why the Civil War Still Matters
- 2017-09-18The War That Forged a Nation Why the Civil War Still Matters
- 2021-06-021812: The War That Forged a Nation
- 2019-01-151812 The War That Forged a Nation
- 2019-01-111812 The War That Forged a Nation
- 2018-01-09[PDF] 1812: The War That Forged a Nation
- 2016-12-23[PDF] 1812: The War That Forged a Nation
- 2013-03-161812: The War That Forged a Nation
- 2012-05-16Military Uniforms in America Vol.III Long Endure: The Civil War Period 1852-1867
- 2012-01-241861: The Civil War Awakening
- 2010-02-051812: The War That Forged a Nation (P.S.)
- 2020-01-04The Tudor Kings and Queens: The Dynasty that Forged a Nation
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Founding Feuds: The Rivalries, Clashes, and Conflicts That Forged a Nation
- 2017-10-19[PDF] The Blood of Heroes: The 13-Day Struggle for the Alamo and the Sacrifice That Forged a Nation
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Blood of Heroes: The 13-Day Struggle for the Alamo and the Sacrifice That Forged a Nation
- 2013-11-24Jefferson and Hamilton: The Rivalry That Forged a Nation
- 2013-01-08The Blood of Heroes: The 13-Day Struggle for the Alamo--and the Sacrifice That Forged a Nation (repost)
- 2012-06-28The Blood of Heroes: The 13-Day Struggle for the Alamo--and the Sacrifice That Forged a Nation
- 2022-08-24Oklahoma City What the Investigation Missed - and Why It Still Matters (Audiobook)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.