Posted on 2013-09-14, by ebooksfree.
The Transatlantic Century: Europe and America, 1890-2010 - New Approaches to European History
PDF | 406 pages | English | ISBN: 0521871670 | 2012 | 10.28MB
This is a fascinating new overview of European-American relations during the long twentieth century. Ranging from economics, culture and consumption to war, politics and diplomacy, Mary Nolan charts the rise of American influence in Eastern and Western Europe, its mid-twentieth century triumph and its gradual erosion since the 1970s. She reconstructs the circuits of exchange along which ideas, commodities, economic models, cultural products and people moved across the Atlantic, capturing the differing versions of modernity that emerged on both sides of the Atlantic and examining how these alternately produced co-operation, conflict and ambivalence toward the other. Attributing the rise and demise of American influence in Europe not only to economics but equally to wars, the book locates the roots of many transatlantic disagreements in very different experiences and memories of war. This is an unprecedented account of the American Century in Europe that recovers its full richness and complexity.
- Ebooks list page : 23217
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Transatlantic Century: Europe and America, 1890-2010
- 2013-09-09The Transatlantic Century: Europe and America, 1890-2010
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Transatlantic Circulation of Novels Between Europe and Brazil, 1789-1914 (New Directions in Book History) - Removed
- 2011-06-28Magical medicine: The folkloric component of medicine in the folk belief, custom, and ritual of the peoples of Europe and America
- 2011-05-13Rethinking the Atlantic World: Europe and America in the Age of Democratic Revolutions
- 2010-07-07The North Atlantic World in the Seventeenth Century (Europe and the World in the Age of Expansion, vol. IV)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The Ottoman Empire and Early Modern Europe (New Approaches to European History)
- 2020-06-16Europe after Empire: Decolonization, Society, and Culture (New Approaches to European History)
- 2019-12-20Transitions to Capitalism in Early Modern Europe: Economies in the Era of Early Globalization, c. 1450 - c. 1820 (New Approaches to European History) Ed 2
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Sexuality in Europe: A Twentieth-Century History (New Approaches to European History)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Export Empire: German Soft Power in Southeastern Europe, 1890-1945 (New Studies in European History) [German]
- 2021-10-09The European Revolutions, 1848 - 1851 (New Approaches to European History), 2nd Edition
- 2020-01-05A Social History of Maoist China: Conflict and Change, 1949-1976 (New Approaches to Asian History)
- 2019-12-17The Habsburg Monarchy, 1618–1815 (New Approaches to European History) Ed 3
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The French Wars of Religion, 1562-1629 (New Approaches to European History) [French]
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Ottoman Empire, 1700-1922 (New Approaches to European History) - Removed
- 2017-10-22[PDF] The Modernisation of Russia, 1676-1825 (New Approaches to European History)
- 2010-06-23The Ottoman Empire, 1700-1922 (New Approaches to European History) (Repost) - Removed
- 2009-01-20The French Wars of Religion, 1562-1629 (New Approaches to European History)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.