Posted on 2010-11-18. By anonymous.
by B. Alan Wallace
Oxford University Press | 2000 | ISBN: 0195132076 | Pages: 232 | PDF | Size: 11,6 MB
“This book takes a bold new look at ways of exploring the nature, origins, and potentials of consciousness within the context of science and religion. Alan Wallace draws careful distinctions between four elements of the scientific tradition: science itself, scientific realism, scientific materialism, and scientism. Arguing that the metaphysical doctrine of scientific materialism has taken on the role of ersatz-religion for its adherents, he traces its development from its Greek and Judeo-Christian origins, focusing on the interrelation between the Protestant Reformation and the Scientific Revolution. He looks at scientists' long term resistance to the firsthand study of consciousness and details the ways in which subjectivity has been deemed taboo within the scientific community. In conclusion, Wallace draws on William James's idea for a "science of religion" that would study the nature of religious and, in particular, contemplative experience.
In exploring the nature of consciousness, this groundbreaking study will help to bridge the chasm between religious belief and scientific knowledge. It is essential reading for philosophers and historians of science, scholars of religion, and anyone interested in the relationship between science and religion.”
- Ebooks list page : 8400
- 2011-06-10The Taboo of Subjectivity: Towards a New Science of Consciousness
- 2010-04-04The Taboo of Subjectivity: Towards a New Science of Consciousness
- 2009-05-16Alan Wallace - The Taboo of Subjectivity: Towards a New Science of Consciousness
- 2021-05-27Silicon From the Invention of the Microprocessor to the New Science of Consciousness [Audiobook]
- 2021-03-17How the Brain Got Language Towards a New Road Map
- 2021-02-17How the Brain Got Language Towards a New Road Map
- 2019-08-13Am I Dreaming?: The New Science of Consciousness and How Altered States Reboot the Brain
- 2018-11-28The End of Certainty Towards a New Internationalism
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The New Science of Consciousness: Exploring the Complexity of Brain, Mind, and Self
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Ravenous Brain: How the New Science of Consciousness Explains Our Insatiable Search for Meaning
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Stairway to the Mind: The Controversial New Science of Consciousness - Removed
- 2017-09-18The Brazilian Economy Today Towards a New Socio-Economic Model - Removed
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Stairway to the Mind: The Controversial New Science of Consciousness - Removed
- 2014-05-08Men's Health Huge in a Hurry: Get Bigger, Stronger, and Leaner in Record Time with the New Science of Strength... (repost) - Removed
- 2013-12-11Microcosm: E. Coli and the New Science of Life (repost)
- 2013-09-29The Truth about Grief: The Myth of Its Five Stages and the New Science of Loss (repost)
- 2013-06-03Linked: The New Science of Networks (repost)
- 2013-03-08Social Intelligence: The New Science of Success (Repost)
- 2012-12-29The Ravenous Brain: How the New Science of Consciousness Explains Our Insatiable Search for Meaning (Audiobook)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.