Posted on 2014-05-05. By anonymous.
Michele Sliger, â€ŽStacia Broderick - The Software Project Manager's Bridge to Agility
Published: 2008-05-29 | ISBN: 0321502752 | CHM | 384 pages | 4 MB
When software development teams move to agile methods, experienced project managers often struggleâ€”doubtful about the new approach and uncertain about their new roles and responsibilities. In this book, two long-time certified Project Management Professionals (PMPRs) and Scrum trainers have built a bridge to this dynamic new paradigm. They show experienced project managers how to successfully transition to agile by refocusing on facilitation and collaboration, not â€œcommand and control.â€
The authors begin by explaining how agile works: how it differs from traditional â€œplan-drivenâ€ methodologies, the benefits it promises, and the real-world results it delivers. Next, they systematically map the Project Management Instituteâ€™s classic, methodology-independent techniques and terminology to agile practices. They cover both process and project lifecycles and carefully address vital issues ranging from scope and time to cost management and stakeholder communication. Finally, drawing on their own extensive personal experience, they put a human face on your personal transition to agile--covering the emotional challenges, personal values, and key leadership traits youâ€™ll need to succeed.
Relating the PMBOKR Guide ideals to agile practices: similarities, overlaps, and differences
Understanding the role and value of agile techniques such as iteration/release planning and retrospectives
Using agile techniques to systematically and continually reduce risk
Implementing quality assurance (QA) where it belongs: in analysis, design, defect prevention, and continuous improvement
Learning to trust your teams and listen for their discoveries
Procuring, purchasing, and contracting for software in agile, collaborative environments
Avoiding the common mistakes software teams make in transitioning to agile
Coordinating with project management offices and non-agile teams
â€œSellingâ€ agile within your teams and throughout your organization
For every project manager who wants to become more agile.
No Other Mirrors, Please!
- Ebooks list page : 26657
- 2009-06-25The Software Project Manager's Bridge to Agility (Repost)
- 2009-04-06Michele Sliger, Stacia Broderick - The Software Project Manager's Bridge to Agility (Repost)
- 2008-05-26The Software Project Manager's Bridge to Agility
- 2008-05-24The Software Project Manager's Bridge to Agility
- 2008-05-24The Software Project Managers Bridge to Agility May 2008 eBook-BBL
- 2020-05-03The Complete Software Project Manager: Mastering Technology from Planning to Launch and Beyond (Wiley CIO)
- 2017-10-23[PDF] The Complete Software Project Manager: Mastering Technology from Planning to Launch and Beyond (Wiley CIO)
- 2021-09-16The Successful Project Manager Practical Guidance From Lessons Learned
- 2021-07-18The Successful Project Manager Practical Guidance from Lessons Learned
- 2020-12-27The Complete Project Manager Integrating People, Organizational, and Technical Skills
- 2020-11-30The Everyday Project Manager: A Primer for Learning the Principles of Successful Project Management
- 2020-11-20The Complete Project Manager: Integrating People, Organizational, and Technical Skills (Audiobook)
- 2020-07-09FranklinCovey Project Management for The Unofficial Project Manager Paperback
- 2019-01-10Achieve PMP Exam Success A Concise Study Guide for the Busy Project Manager
- 2018-12-25Achieve PMP Exam Success A Concise Study Guide for the Busy Project Manager
- 2018-10-15Project Management ToolBox Tools and Techniques for the Practicing Project Manager, 2nd Edition
- 2018-08-26Project Management ToolBox Tools and Techniques for the Practicing Project Manager, 2nd Edition
- 2018-04-16Excel 2010 for the New Project Manager (PM)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.