Author: Brian J. McVeigh
Posted on 2022-05-27, by temrick.
Evolutionary psychology explains why some mental illnesses developed, but to answer questions about how to improve our mental well-being in the face of these challenges--how the mind works to heal itself-we should look to more recent changes in mentality.
In The Self-Healing Mind, mental health counsellor and anthropologist Brian J. McVeigh postulates that around 1000 BCE, population expansion and social complexity forced people to learn "conscious interiority"--a package of cognitive capabilities that culturally upgraded mentality. He argues that
the mental processes that help us get through the day are the same ones that can heal our psyches. Adopting a common factors and positive psychology perspective, McVeigh enumerates and defines these active ingredients of the self-healing mind: mental space, introception, self-observing and observed,
self-narratization, excerption, consilience, concentration, suppression, self-authorization, self-autonomy, and self-reflexivity. McVeigh shows how these capabilities underlie the effectiveness of psychotherapeutic techniques and interventions. Though meta-framing effects of psyche's recuperative
properties correct distorted cognition and grant us remarkable adaptive abilities, they sometimes spiral out of control, resulting in runaway consciousness and certain mental disorders. This book also addresses how maladaptive processes snowball and come to need restraint themselves.
With insights from counseling, psychotherapy, anthropology, and history, The Self-Healing Mind will appeal to practitioners, researchers, and anyone interested in neurocultural plasticity and how therapeutically-directed consciousness repairs the mind.
- Ebooks list page : 52566
- 2023-02-01Quantum Healing The Power Of Self Healing - Mind Body Soul
- 2023-01-29Quantum Healing: The Power Of Self Healing - Mind Body Soul
- 2023-01-29Quantum Healing The Power Of Self Healing - Mind Body Soul
- 2022-06-25The Self-Healing Mind An Essential Five-Step Practice for Overcoming Anxiety and Depression, and Revitalizing Your [Audiobook]
- 2020-12-11Ayurveda The Science of Self Healing The Complete Guide to Optimize Your Health, Cure Your Mind and ...
- 2020-05-23Change Your Mind, Heal Your Body: When Modern Medicine Has No Cure The Answer Lies Within. My True Story of Self- Healing
- 2013-12-24Self-Healing with Guided Imagery: How to Use the Power of Your Mind to Heal Your Body [Audiobook]
- 2023-02-01Chakra Healing Bible [5 in 1] The Complete Guide to Simple and Effective Self-Healing
- 2023-01-28Chakras For Beginners A Beginner's Guide To Absorb The Universal Energy & Learn Chakra Self-Healing Techniques. Begin
- 2023-01-01The Sugar Jar Create Boundaries, Embrace Self-Healing, and Enjoy the Sweet Things in Life [Audiobook]
- 2022-12-28The Sugar Jar Create Boundaries, Embrace Self-Healing, and Enjoy the Sweet Things in Life
- 2022-12-28The Sugar Jar Create Boundaries, Embrace Self-Healing, and Enjoy the Sweet Things in Life [Audiobook]
- 2022-12-16The Journey To Self Healing - Unlock Your True Potential!
- 2022-12-14The Journey To Self Healing - Unlock Your True Potential!
- 2022-09-24The Little Stick Figures Technique for Emotional Self-Healing Created by Jacques Martel, 2nd Edition
- 2022-08-266 Steps to Total Self-Healing The Inner Bonding Process [Audiobook]
- 2022-07-15The Dao Of Self Healing
- 2022-06-28Mirrors in the Earth Reflections on Self-Healing from the Living World
- 2022-03-22The One-Hour Miracle A 5-Step Process to Guide Your Self-Healing Change the Story, Re-Author Your Life [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.