Posted on 2020-10-11, by nokia241186.
English | September 22nd, 2020 | ISBN: 1948836041 | 368 pages | EPUB | 16.18 MB
Your cells are talking about you.
Right now, both your inner and outer worlds are abuzz with chatter among living cells of every possible kind-from those in your body and brain to those in the environment around you. From electrical alerts to chemical codes, the greatest secret of modern biology, hiding in plain sight, is that all of life's activity boils down to one thing: conversation.
While cells are commonly considered the building block of living things, it is actually the communication between cells that brings us to life, controlling our bodies and brains, determining whether we are healthy or sick, and directly influencing how we think, feel, and behave.
In The Secret Language of Cells, doctor and neuroscientist Jon Lieff lets us listen in on these conversations, and reveals their significance for everything from mental health to cancer. He explains the surprising science of how very different cells-bacteria and brain cells, blood cells and viruses-all speak the same language. This overarching principle has been long overlooked because scientific journals use impenetrable jargon that makes it hard to be understood across disciplines, much less by the general public.
Lieff presents a fascinating and accessible look into cellular communication science-a groundbreaking and comprehensive exploration of this biological phenomenon. In these pages, discover the intriguing lives of cells as they ask questions, get answers, give feedback, gather information, call for each other, and make complex decisions. During infections, immune T-cells tell brain cells that we should "feel sick" and lie down. Cancer cells warn their community about immune and microbe attacks. Gut cells talk with microbes to determine which are friends and which are enemies, and microbes talk with each other and with much more complicated human cells in ways that determine which medicines work and which will fail.
With applications for immunity, chronic pain, weight loss, depression, cancer treatment, and virtually every aspect of health and biology, cellular communication is revolutionizing our understanding not just of disease, but of life itself. The Secret Language of Cells is required reading for anyone interested in following the conversation.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 44849
- 2020-10-11The Secret Language of Cells: What Biological Conversations Tell Us About the Brain Body Connection, the Future of [Audiobook]
- 2012-05-13The Secret Lives of Pets
- 2012-03-22The Secret of the Veda
- 2012-03-16Heme Biology: The Secret Life of Heme in Regulating Diverse Biological Processes By Li Zhang
- 2012-03-16The Secret Life of Movies: Schizophrenic and Shamanic Journeys in American Cinema By Jason Horsley
- 2011-11-21Tony Bushby - The Secret in the Bible
- 2011-11-12The Little Black Schoolbook: The Secret to Getting Straight as at School and University, Vol. 2: Exams
- 2020-06-21The Secret Language of Astrology The Illustrated Key to Unlocking the Secrets of t...
- 2020-05-25The Secret Language of Astrology The Illustrated Key to Unlocking the Secrets of t...
- 2020-05-21Signs: The Secret Language of the Universe - Removed
- 2020-05-14The Secret Language of the Heart: How to Use Music, Sound, and Vibration as Tools for Healing and Personal Transformation
- 2020-01-09The Occult I Ching: The Secret Language of Serpents
- 2019-07-28The Secret Language of Your Body; The Essential Guide to Health and Wellness
- 2019-03-25The Secret Language of Animals A Guide to Remarkable Behavior
- 2019-01-31The Secret Language of Dolphins [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-24The Secret Language of Cats How to Understand Your Cat for a Better, Happier Relationship [Audiob
- 2019-01-13The Secret Language of Dolphins [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-03The Secret Language of Tarot
- 2019-01-03Learning the Secret Language of Cats A Vet's Translation
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.