The Secret Language of Cells: What Biological Conversations Tell Us About the Brain Body Connection, the Future of [Audiobook]
Posted on 2020-10-11, by nokia241186.
English | ASIN: B082WJBT8G | 2020 | 9 hours and 55 minutes | M4B 128 kbps | 540 MB
The Secret Language of Cells: What Biological Conversations Tell Us About the Brain-Body Connection, the Future of Medicine, and Life Itself
Your cells are talking about you.
Right now, both your inner and outer worlds are abuzz with chatter among living cells of every possible kind - from those in your body and brain to those in the environment around you. From electrical alerts to chemical codes, the greatest secret of modern biology, hiding in plain sight, is that all of life's activity boils down to one thing: conversation.
While cells are commonly considered the building block of living things, it is actually the communication between cells that brings us to life, controlling our bodies and brains, determining whether we are healthy or sick, and directly influencing how we think, feel, and behave.
In The Secret Language of Cells, doctor and neuroscientist Jon Lieff lets us listen in on these conversations, and reveals their significance for everything from mental health to cancer. He explains the surprising science of how very different cells - bacteria and brain cells, blood cells and viruses - all speak the same language. This overarching principle has been long overlooked because scientific journals use impenetrable jargon that makes it hard to be understood across disciplines, much less by the general public.
Lieff presents a fascinating and accessible look into cellular communication science - a groundbreaking and comprehensive exploration of this biological phenomenon. In these pages, discover the intriguing lives of cells as they ask questions, get answers, give feedback, gather information, call for each other, and make complex decisions. During infections, immune T-cells tell brain cells that we should "feel sick" and lie down. Cancer cells warn their community about immune and microbe attacks. Gut cells talk with microbes to determine which are friends and which are enemies, and microbes talk with each other and with much more complicated human cells in ways that determine which medicines work and which will fail.
With applications for immunity, chronic pain, weight loss, depression, cancer treatment, and virtually every aspect of health and biology, cellular communication is revolutionizing our understanding not just of disease, but of life itself. The Secret Language of Cells is required listening for anyone interested in following the conversation.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 44842
- 2017-11-02The Secret Language of Angels: What Every Christian Should Know About God's Holy Messengers
- 2020-10-11The Secret Language of Cells
- 2011-09-04Fires in the Mind: What Kids Can Tell Us About Motivation and Mastery
- 2020-10-15More Than Genes : What Science Can Tell Us About Toxic Chemicals, Development, and the Risk to Our Children
- 2020-05-28The Disordered Mind What Unusual Brains Tell Us about Ourselves
- 2019-12-21The Social Nature of Emotion Expression: What Emotions Can Tell Us About the World - Removed
- 2018-11-24Fires in the Mind What Kids Can Tell Us About Motivation and Mastery
- 2018-11-20What Did the Biblical Writers Know and When Did They Know It What Archeology Can Tell Us About the R...
- 2018-06-01Under a Green Sky Global Warming, the Mass Extinctions of the Past, and What They Can Tell Us About Our Future
- 2018-01-22[PDF] More Than Genes: What Science Can Tell Us About Toxic Chemicals, Development, and the Risk to Our Children
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Consciousness and the Great Philosophers: What would they have said about our mind-body problem?
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Under a Green Sky: Global Warming, the Mass Extinctions of the Past, and What They Can Tell Us About Our Future
- 2016-12-26[PDF] Under a Green Sky: Global Warming, the Mass Extinctions of the Past, and What They Can Tell Us About Our Future
- 2014-04-26The Synthesis of the Elements: The Astrophysical Quest for Nucleosynthesis and What It Can Tell Us About the Universe (repost) - Removed
- 2013-11-04The Synthesis of the Elements: The Astrophysical Quest for Nucleosynthesis and What It Can Tell Us About the Universe
- 2012-05-18What Every Engineer Should Know About Developing Real-Time Embedded Products
- 2012-01-31Peter D. Ward – Under a Green Sky: Global Warming, the Mass Extinctions of the Past, and What They Can Tell Us About Our Future - Peter D. Ward
- 2012-01-21Examination of the U.S. Air Force’s Aircraft Sustainment Needs in the Future and Its Strategy to Meet Those Needs - Committee On Examination Of The U.S. Air Force's Aircraft Sustainment Needs In The Future And Its St
- 2012-01-19Governance and Opportunity in Metropolitan America - Committee On Improving The Future Of U.S. Cities Through Improved Metropolitan Area Governance
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.