Posted on 2009-09-27. By anonymous.
CRC | 2009 | ISBN: 1420082906 | 446 pages | PDF | 5,5 MB
Since the first suffering supplicant offered a prayer to his god or the first mother cradled an ailing child in her caring arms, we have witnessed how human health and healing goes beyond any inventory of parts and infusion of chemicals. We humans are a complex melding of thought, emotion, spirit, and energy and each of those components is as critical to our well-being as our physiological status. Even if we are just beginning to quantify and document these seemingly intangible aspects, to ignore them in the practice of medicine is neglect and an invitation to do harm.
Now in its second edition, The Scientific Basis of Integrative Medicine continues to provide doctors and other health practitioners with information on complementary and alternative approaches to health, that is authoritative, scientifically based, and epidemiologically substantiated. Written for doctors and healthcare professionals by pioneering practitioners and updated with the newest research across an increasing range of possibilities, the new edition of this bestselling work â€“
Establishes the scientific basis for the mindâ€“body connection and then documents the puissant interactions of the endocrine, immune, nervous, and stress systems that so profoundly influence our lives
Examines that healing dimension of spirituality, which informs but transcends the five senses
Investigates how hope, faith, and love aid healing
Discusses how the emotional presence of a practitioner affects patient outcome
Considers the incorporation of a unified theory that can account for the existence of health enhancing energy fields within â€” as well as outside â€” the human body
Integral physiology serves as a bridge between Western medical knowledge and the equally valuable, but less well-recognized, Eastern systems of medicine. The authors refer to it as integrative because it combines important Western biological knowledge with forms of healing that incorporate the mental and emotional, and spiritual aspects that are essential to health, because those aspects are what make us essentially human.
In order not to miss many of them follow ebooks section (see top of each page on AH)
and visit my blog too :)
- Ebooks list page : 3515
- 2017-10-28[PDF] The Scientific Basis of Integrative Medicine, Second Edition
- 2011-11-22Improving the Scientific Basis for Managing DOE's Excess Nuclear Materials and Spent Nuclear Fuel
- 2011-08-13Improving the Scientific Basis for Managing DOE's Excess Nuclear Materials and Spent Nuclear Fuel
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Scientific Basis of Integrative Medicine
- 2013-07-28The Scientific Basis of Integrative Medicine [Repost]
- 2009-01-12The Scientific Basis of Integrative Medicine
- 2018-10-30Chemistry Connections: The Chemical Basis of Everyday Phenomena, 2nd Edition
- 2014-02-18Integrative Medicine (2nd edition) [Repost]
- 2014-02-10The Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine (2nd edition, 4 Volume set) (Repost) - Removed
- 2013-05-02Principles of Pharmacology: The Pathophysiologic Basis of Drug Therapy (2nd edition) [Repost] - Removed
- 2012-11-27The Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine (2nd edition, 4 Volume set) [Repost] - Removed
- 2012-09-14How to Read a Paper: The Basics of Evidence Based Medicine (2nd edition) [Repost]
- 2012-01-22Pharmacodynamic Basis of herbal medicine, 2nd edition - Manuchair Ebadi - Removed
- 2011-11-26Bert Vogelstein, Kenneth W. Kinzler - The Genetic Basis of Human Cancer (2nd edition)
- 2011-11-22The Genetic Basis of Human Cancer (2nd edition)
- 2011-09-04Pharmacodynamic Basis of herbal medicine, 2nd edition - Removed
- 2011-01-08Pharmacodynamic Basis of herbal medicine, 2nd edition
- 2012-05-03Database Systems: The Complete Book, 2nd Edition - Removed
- 2012-04-06The Visual Display of Quantitative Information, 2nd edition by Edward R. Tufte
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.