Posted on 2011-09-25, by lemonqing.
The Revolution in Military Affairs (Foreign Policy, Security and Strategic Studies)
The new campaign in Afghanistan, the Gulf war, and the NATO bombardment of Kosovo show clearly how advances in information technology are driving a high-tech revolution in military affairs (RMA) and transforming the nature of modern warfare. Elinor Sloan outlines the major elements of the RMA and examines the efforts of the United States, its NATO allies, and others to transform their military forces from the large, industrial-age forces of the Cold War to the smaller, more rapidly deployable yet highly lethal forces of the future. By detailing the diverse dimensions of the RMA, including its appropriateness in anti-terrorist campaigns and its relevance to peace support operations, The Revolution in Military Affairs looks at whether and to what extent the RMA is applicable to future military missions. Although the RMA has been the subject of much discussion in the United States for over a decade, it has not received the same level of analytic attention in Canada and other NATO and allied countries. Sloan examines the RMA in the context of Canada, Australia, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom in addition to assessing the transformation efforts of the United States Military. She concludes that small and medium military powers such as Canada must, at a minimum, take selected, concrete measures to maximise their military capabilities through the RMA if they are to avoid operational and political marginalisation in the promotion of international peace and security.
- Ebooks list page : 13902
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Revolution in Military Affairs: Implications for Canada and NATO (Foreign Policy, Security and Strategic Studies)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Reassessing the Revolution in Military Affairs: Transformation, Evolution and Lessons Learnt (Initiatives in Strategic Studies: Issues and Policies) - Removed
- 2017-04-03Reassessing the Revolution in Military Affairs Transformation, Evolution and Lessons Learnt - Removed
- 2010-10-23The Culture of Military Innovation: The Impact of Cultural Factors on the Revolution in Military Affairs in Russia
- 2010-02-28The Long Search for a Surgical Strike: Precision Munitions and the Revolution in Military Affairs (Cadre Paper, 12.)
- 2009-07-15Cyberwar, Netwar and the Revolution in Military Affairs
- 2020-01-14The Domestic Sources of American Foreign Policy: Insights and Evidence
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Domestic Sources of American Foreign Policy: Insights and Evidence
- 2011-09-09Chinese Foreign Policy: Theory and Practice (Studies on Contemporary China)
- 2020-10-12The Real Revolution in Military Affairs
- 2018-11-14The Information Revolution in Military Affairs in Asia Prospects for Asia
- 2011-11-25Infinite Intensity: The Revolution is Here
- 2010-01-09Conscription in the Napoleonic Era: A Revolution in Military Affairs? (Cass Military Studies)
- 2021-03-12Confronting the Third World: United States Foreign Policy, 1945 1980
- 2021-02-15Confronting the Third World: United States Foreign Policy, 1945 1980
- 2020-05-13The Oxford Handbook of Indian Foreign Policy (Oxford Handbooks)
- 2020-03-15Thomas C. Mann: President Johnson, the Cold War, and the Restructuring of Latin American Foreign Policy (Studies In Conflict Diplomacy Peace)
- 2019-12-15The Battle for U.S. Foreign Policy: Congress, Parties, and Factions in the 21st Century
- 2019-05-09Great Power Rising Theodore Roosevelt and the Politics of U.S. Foreign Policy
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.