Posted on 2014-02-27. By anonymous.
Herbert Bangs M.Arch, "The Return of Sacred Architecture: The Golden Ratio and the End of Modernism"
ISBN: 1594771324 | 2006 | EPUB/MOBI | 240 pages | 6 MB/8 MB
An inspirational call for a return to the tenets of traditional architecture as a remedy for the dehumanizing standards of modern architecture
â€¢ Explains how modern architecture is emblematic of our current estrangement from the spiritual principles that shaped humanityâ€™s greatest civilizations
â€¢ Reveals how the ancient laws of sacred proportion and harmony can be restored
The ugly buildings that characterize the modern landscape are inferior not only to the great cathedrals of medieval Europe and the temples of ancient Egypt and Greece, but even to lesser buildings of the more recent past. The great masterworks of our ancestors spoke to humanityâ€™s higher nature. Architect Herbert Bangs reveals how todayâ€™s dysfunctional buildings bring out the worst in humanity, reinforcing that which is most base within us. He shows how, through the ancient laws of proportion and number, architecture once expressed the harmonious relationship between man and the cosmos. In early times, the architect worked within a sacred and esoteric tradition of creating structures through which human beings could gain insight into the nature of the divine reality. Today, that tradition has been abandoned in favor of narrowly defined utilitarian principles of efficiency and economy.
In The Return of Sacred Architecture, Bangs provides the key to freeing architecture from the crude functionality of the twentieth century: the architects of the modern human landscape must find the deep-felt connection to the cosmos that guided the inner lives of those who built the temples of the past. The form of their buildings will then reflect the sacred patterns of geometry and proportion and bring forth greater harmony in the world.
- Ebooks list page : 25316
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Return of Sacred Architecture: The Golden Ratio and the End of Modernism
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The Golden Ratio and Fibonacci Numbers
- 2011-01-24The Golden Ratio and Fibonacci Numbers
- 2010-07-23The Golden Ratio and Fibonacci Numbers
- 2010-04-07The Golden Ratio and Fibonacci Numbers
- 2010-03-12The Golden Ratio and Fibonacci Numbers
- 2020-10-07Math for Mystics: From the Fibonacci sequence to Luna's Labyrinth to the Golden Section and Other Secrets of Sacred Geometry
- 2020-09-03Logo Designing with the Golden Ratio Method
- 2020-07-28The Golden Ratio: The Facts and the Myths
- 2019-10-28Use the golden ratio to quickly create stunning icon sets.
- 2019-10-10Use the golden ratio to quickly create stunning icon sets
- 2019-07-04Rediscovering the Hindu Temple The Sacred Architecture and Urbanism of India
- 2019-04-28Skillshare The Golden Ratio In Logo Design-Illiterate
- 2019-03-16SKILLSHARE THE GOLDEN RATIO IN LOGO DESIGN-iLLiTERATE
- 2019-03-16SKILLSHARE MASTERING LOGO DESIGN GRIDDING WITH THE GOLDEN RATIO-iLLiTERATE
- 2018-12-29Rediscovering the Hindu Temple The Sacred Architecture and Urbanism of India
- 2018-06-01The Earth, the Temple, and the Gods Greek Sacred Architecture
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Glorious Golden Ratio
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Golden Ratio: The Story of PHI, the World's Most Astonishing Number
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.