Author: Alexander R. Pruss
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Posted on 2011-09-26, by sharebookfree.
The Principle of Sufficient Reason: A Reassessment (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy)
Alexander R. Pruss | Cambridge University Press | 2011-12-26 | 350 pages | English | PDF
The Principle of Sufficient Reason (PSR) says that all contingent facts must have explanation. In this 2006 volume, which was the first on the topic in the English language in nearly half a century, Alexander Pruss examines the substantive philosophical issues raised by the Principle Reason. Discussing various forms of the PSR and selected historical episodes, from Parmenides, Leibnez, and Hume, Pruss defends the claim that every true contingent proposition must have an explanation against major objections, including Hume's imaginability argument and Peter van Inwagen's argument that the PSR entails modal fatalism. Pruss also provides a number of positive arguments for the PSR, based on considerations as different as the metaphysics of existence, counterfactuals and modality, negative explanations, and the everyday applicability of the PSR. Moreover, Pruss shows how the PSR would advance the discussion in a number of disparate fields, including meta-ethics and the philosophy of mathematics.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 13924
- 2013-06-09The Principle of Sufficient Reason: A Reassessment (Repost)
- 2011-02-12The Principle of Sufficient Reason: A Reassessment
- 2018-11-23On the Fourfold Root of the Principle of Sufficient Reason
- 2018-11-21On the Fourfold Root of the Principle of Sufficient Reason
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Schopenhauer: On the Fourfold Root of the Principle of Sufficient Reason and Other Writings: Volume 4 (The Cambridge Edition of the Works of Schopenhauer)
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Evolution of Agency and Other Essays (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Biology)
- 2011-12-26The Evolution of Agency and Other Essays (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Biology)
- 2011-12-03The Evolution of Agency and Other Essays (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Biology)
- 2011-09-30The Biology and Psychology of Moral Agency (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Biology)
- 2010-05-30The Biology and Psychology of Moral Agency (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Biology)
- 2009-03-20The Body in Mind: Understanding Cognitive Processes (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy)
- 2020-04-23The Principle of Loyalty in EU Law (Oxford Studies in European Law)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Goodbye, Kant!: What Still Stands of the Critique of Pure Reason (SUNY Series in Contemporary Italian Philosophy)
- 2010-07-04Emotional Reason: Deliberation, Motivation, and the Nature of Value (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy)
- 2020-07-27Foreign Opera at the London Playhouses: From Mozart to Bellini (Cambridge Studies in Opera)
- 2020-06-18An Introduction to the Theory of Reproducing Kernel Hilbert Spaces (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics) - Removed
- 2020-01-11Mobilizing without the Masses: Control and Contention in China (Cambridge Studies in Contentious Politics)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Ray and Wave Theory of Lenses (Cambridge Studies in Modern Optics)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Western Intervention in the Balkans: The Strategic Use of Emotion in Conflict (Cambridge Studies in Comparative Politics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.