Posted on 2018-06-01, by nokia241186.
The Power of Context: How to Manage Our Bias and Improve Our Understanding of Others by Daniel R. Stalder
English | April 17th, 2018 | ASIN: B074658GZR, ISBN: 1633884015 | 330 Pages | EPUB | 0.97 MB
A social psychologist focuses on a very common yet rarely discussed bias called the "fundamental attribution error," showing how being aware of this bias can improve our day-to-day understanding of others.
Social life involves making judgments about other people. Often these snap judgments turn out to be wrong when we overlook context. Social psychologists call this pervasive bias the "fundamental attribution error." This book explores the many ways in which this error creeps into our social interactions, frequently causing misunderstanding, hurt feelings, and negative treatment of others.
Psychologist Daniel R. Stalder examines common examples of this error, from road rage and misinterpreting facial expressions to "gaydar," victim blaming, and prejudice. The common denominator in these diverse examples is that we falsely assume inherent traits or intentions while overlooking situational factors that might explain a person's behavior.
Conversely in the actor-observer bias, we explain our own sometimes questionable behaviors by appealing to situational factors. For example, when you tailgate others, there's always a good reason, but when others tailgate you, they are obviously in the wrong.
Stalder also reveals little-known information about classic studies of context, considers both the upsides and downsides to bias, and shares numerous strategies to reduce bias.
Filled with interesting examples, new insights, and an abundance of research, this informative and entertaining book will help us understand each other and reduce conflict.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36277
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The Power of Talk: How Words Change Our Lives
- 2021-01-06The Power of Mobility How Your Business Can Compete and Win in the Next Technology Revolution
- 2020-11-23The Power of WOW: How to Electrify Your Work and Your Life by Putting Service First
- 2020-06-25The Power of Discipline How to Use Self Control and Mental Toughness to Achieve ...
- 2019-01-24The Cosmic Microwave Background How It Changed Our Understanding of the Universe - Removed
- 2019-01-10The Cosmic Microwave Background How It Changed Our Understanding of the Universe
- 2018-12-28The Cosmic Microwave Background How It Changed Our Understanding of the Universe
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Cosmic Microwave Background: How It Changed Our Understanding of the Universe (Astronomers' Universe) - Removed
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The Power of Thanks: How Social Recognition Empowers Employees and Creates a Best Place to Work
- 2016-12-29[PDF] The Power of Thanks: How Social Recognition Empowers Employees and Creates a Best Place to Work
- 2011-07-04The Power of Projections: How Maps Reflect Global Politics and History
- 2009-07-07The Power of Projections: How Maps Reflect Global Politics and History (Repost)
- 2009-05-22The Power of Mobility: How Your Business Can Compete and Win in the Next Technology Revolution (repost)
- 2008-12-26The Power of Mobility: How Your Business Can Compete and Win in the Next Technology Revolution
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Neurolinguistic Programming: The Power of NLP - Attract More Wealth, Better Health, And Improve Relationships, & Positivity - A Step Beyond Positive Thinking ... thinking, positive psychology Book 1)
- 2011-08-23How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's ... Our World and Everything in It
- 2021-01-08The Power of Ethics: How to Make Good Choices When Our Culture Is on the Edge [Audiobook]
- 2021-01-06The Power of Ethics How to Make Good Choices When Our Culture Is on the Edge [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-24The Power of Resilience: How the Best Companies Manage the Unexpected (MIT Press)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.