Posted on 2021-06-14, by nokia241186.
English | 2021 | ISBN: 173591360X | 430 pages | EPUB | 1.2 MB
A one-volume history of the most consequential political movements of our time populism, nationalism, socialism and how they are influencing the twenty-first century
"This is a must-read book for anyone who wants to understand, well, the politics of our time." Politico
"Essential reading" E.J. Dionne, Jr., The Washington Post
The distinguished political analyst John Judis has brought out a book with Columbia Global Reports during each of the last three national political seasons: The Populist Explosion in 2016, The Nationalist Revival in 2018, and The Socialist Awakening in 2020. Together, these books chart the rise during the second decade of the twenty-first century of new and unexpected political movements in the United States and Europe that arose in the wake of the Great Recession, the conflict with al-Qaeda and ISIS, and encroaching climate change.
Judis has revised and updated these three books, and written a new introductory essay that seeks to explain the tumultuous last decademost notably, Donald Trump's presidency and the response to a global pandemic and recession. This volume is an indispensable guide to understanding the deeply rooted disenchantment that gave rise to populist parties and politicians on the right and leftand to the global changes that have transformed the politics of our time.
"Judis compiles and updates his three most recent books in this lucid examination of political movements that have emerged in the U.S. and Europe over the past few decades in response to the failures of neoliberalism....Readers will walk away with a firmer grasp on current affairs." Publishers Weekly
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 47949
- 2011-11-21The Politics of Child Sexual Abuse: Emotion, Social Movements, and the State
- 2021-03-02The Fate of Difficulty in the Poetry of Our Time
- 2021-02-11The Fate of Difficulty in the Poetry of Our Time
- 2021-01-08Fear Itself The New Deal and the Origins of Our Time
- 2020-12-17Tragedy & Hope A History of the World in Our Time
- 2020-06-25Islam and the Politics of Meaning in Palestinian Nationalism
- 2020-04-15A Wild Love for the World: Joanna Macy and the Work of Our Time
- 2019-01-31The Myth of Work-Life Balance The Challenge of Our Time for Men, Women and Societies
- 2019-01-15The Politics of our Selves Power, Autonomy, and Gender in Contemporary Critical Theory
- 2019-01-09The Politics of our Selves Power, Autonomy, and Gender in Contemporary Critical Theory
- 2018-11-20The Mahatma Misunderstood The Politics and Forms of Literary Nationalism in India
- 2018-09-02The Mahatma Misunderstood The Politics and Forms of Literary Nationalism in India
- 2017-12-07[PDF] The Mahatma Misunderstood: The Politics and Forms of Literary Nationalism in India
- 2017-12-03Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World In Our Time
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Bonnard Biographical and Critical Study (The Taste of our time)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Cooking in Ten Minutes: Or the Adaptation of Cooking to the Rhythm of Our Time
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Tragedy & Hope: A History of the World in Our Time
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Myth, Mind and the Screen: Understanding the Heroes of our Time (Cambridge Studies in Criminology)
- 2017-09-18India Shastra Reflections on the Nation in Our Time
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.