[share_ebook] The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy of Mathematics and Logic (Oxford Handbooks in Philosophy)
Author: Stewart Shapiro
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA
Posted on 2011-11-23, by sharebookfree.
The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy of Mathematics and Logic (Oxford Handbooks in Philosophy)
Stewart Shapiro | Oxford University Press, USA | 2011-02-23 | 856 pages | English | PDF
Mathematics and logic have been central topics of concern since the dawn of philosophy. Since logic is the study of correct reasoning, it is a fundamental branch of epistemology and a priority in any philosophical system. Philosophers have focused on mathematics as a case study for general philosophical issues and for its role in overall knowledge- gathering. Today, philosophy of mathematics and logic remain central disciplines in contemporary philosophy, as evidenced by the regular appearance of articles on these topics in the best mainstream philosophical journals; in fact, the last decade has seen an explosion of scholarly work in these areas.
This volume covers these disciplines in a comprehensive and accessible manner, giving the reader an overview of the major problems, positions, and battle lines. The 26 contributed chapters are by established experts in the field, and their articles contain both exposition and criticism as well as substantial development of their own positions. The essays, which are substantially self-contained, serve both to introduce the reader to the subject and to engage in it at its frontiers. Certain major positions are represented by two chapters--one supportive and one critical.
The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy of Math and Logic is a ground-breaking reference like no other in its field. It is a central resource to those wishing to learn about the philosophy of mathematics and the philosophy of logic, or some aspect thereof, and to those who actively engage in the discipline, from advanced undergraduates to professional philosophers, mathematicians, and historians.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 15519
- 2019-11-21The Wiley Handbook of Early Childhood Care and Education (Wiley Handbooks in Education)
- 2017-10-08[PDF] The Palgrave Handbook of Slavic Languages, Identities and Borders (Palgrave Handbooks) - Removed
- 2011-08-15The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy of Mathematics and Logic
- 2014-02-03The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy of Mathematics and Logic (Repost)
- 2009-11-09The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy of Mathematics and Logic
- 2018-04-19The Oxford Handbook of Generality in Mathematics and the Sciences
- 2012-01-10The Simpsons Handbook: Secret Tips from the Pros
- 2011-12-25Mathematics and Physics of Emerging Biomedical Imaging - Committee On The Mathematics And Physics Of Emerging Dynamic Biomedical Imaging
- 2011-12-20Wright T. - The Photography Handbook - Removed
- 2011-12-14Mathematics and Physics of Emerging Biomedical Imaging - Committee On The Mathematics And Physics Of Emerging Dynamic Biomedical Imaging
- 2011-12-04Laurence Urdang, "The Oxford Thesaurus"
- 2011-11-02"The CRC Handbook of Mechanical Engineering" ed. by Frank Kreith, D. Yogi Goswami
- 2011-10-20The Cambridge Handbook of Personality Psychology - Removed
- 2020-08-23The Philosophy of Mathematics and Logic in the 1920s and 1930s in Poland (Science Networks. Historical Studies) (English and Polish Edition)
- 2020-02-21The Routledge Handbook of Philosophy of Relativism (Routledge Handbooks in Philosophy) - Removed
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Philosophy of Mathematics and Logic in the 1920s and 1930s in Poland - Removed
- 2017-10-20[PDF] The Routledge Handbook of Philosophy of Imagination
- 2017-06-26The Routledge Handbook of Philosophy of Empathy
- 2017-04-05[PDF] The Routledge Handbook of Philosophy of Well-Being (Routledge Handbooks in Philosophy)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.