[request_ebook] The Oxford Guide to Financial Modeling: Applications for Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, Risk Management and Financial Institutions
Author: Thomas S. Y. Ho, Sang Bin Lee
Date: January 15, 2004
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Posted on 2012-02-08, by aevn.
- Hardcover: 735 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA; First Edition edition (January 15, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 019516962X
- ISBN-13: 978-0195169621
The essential premise of this book is that theory and practice are equally important in describing financial modeling. In it the authors try to strike a balance in their discussions between theories that provide foundations for financial models and the institutional details that provide the context for applications of the models. The book presents the financial models of stock and bond options, exotic options, investment grade and high-yield bonds, convertible bonds, mortgage-backed securities, liabilities of financial institutions -- the business model and the corporate model. It also describes the applications of the models to corporate finance. Furthermore, it relates the models to financial statements, risk management for an enterprise, and asset/liability management with illiquid instruments. The financial models are progressively presented from option pricing in the securities markets to firm valuation in corporate finance, following a format to emphasize the three aspects of a model: the set of assumptions, the model specification, and the model applications. Generally, financial modeling books segment the world of finance as "investments," "financial institutions," "corporate finance," and "securities analysis," and in so doing they rarely emphasize the relationships between the subjects. This unique book successfully ties the thought processes and applications of the financial models together and describes them as one process that provides business solutions. Created as a companion website to the book readers can visit www.thomasho.com to gain deeper understanding of the book's financial models. Interested readers can build and test the models described in the book using Excel, and they can submit their models to the site. Readers can also use the site's forum to discuss the models and can browse server based models to gain insights into the applications of the models. For those using the book in meetings or class settings the site provides Power Point descriptions of the chapters. Students can use available question banks on the chapters for studying.
- Ebooks list page : 17410
- 2019-12-16Cyber Security: A Starter Guide to Cyber Security for Beginners, Discover the Best Strategies for Defense Your Devices, Including Risk Management, ... and Information Security. (Hacking)
- 2011-10-29The Britannica Guide to Algebra and Trigonometry
- 2012-06-08The Vital Guide to Modern Warships
- 2012-05-12Panzertruppen Vol.1: The Complete Guide to the Creation & Combat Employment of Germany's Tank Force 1933-1942
- 2012-03-25Scott Preston, The Definitive Guide to Building Java Robots
- 2012-01-11Complete Solution Manual a First Course in Differential Equations with Modeling Applications - Removed
- 2012-01-03Urinary Stone Disease: The Practical Guide to Medical and Surgical Management (Current Clinical Urology) - Urinary Stone Disease, The Practical Guide, Surgical Management
- 2011-12-20Urinary Stone Disease: The Practical Guide to Medical and Surgical Management (Current Clinical Urology) - Urinary Stone Disease, The Practical Guide, Surgical Management
- 2011-12-04Laurence Urdang, "The Oxford Thesaurus"
- 2011-11-26Urinary Stone Disease: The Practical Guide to Medical and Surgical Management (Current Clinical Urology) - Urinary Stone Disease, The Practical Guide, Surgical Management
- 2011-11-25Urinary Stone Disease: The Practical Guide to Medical and Surgical Management
- 2011-11-21The Visibooks Guide to Linspire Five-O
- 2011-11-17The Rough Guide to Prague, 8th edition
- 2011-09-25The Visibooks Guide to Windows XP by Gruhn, Paul
- 2011-09-24The Oxford Guide to Style
- 2011-09-22The Oxford Guide to Library Research
- 2011-09-16The Independent Guide to the Mac, Fourth Edition - Removed
- 2011-09-16The Essential Guide to Portraits - 2011 (2nd edition)
- 2011-08-14The Visibooks Guide to Linspire Five-O
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.