Posted on 2021-03-02, by nokia241186.
English | 2019 | ISBN-13: 978-1788318471 | 297 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 7.43 MB
In the seventeenth century, previously peaceful relations between the Ottoman Empire and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth deteriorated into a series of military confrontations over the principalities of Moldavia and Wallachia. Although scholars have generally interpreted this rivalry in terms of conflicting geopolitical interests, this state-centred approach ignores one of the most important developments of the period: the devolution of power away from rulers and formal institutions towards political factions. Drawing on Ottoman, Polish and Romanian sources, The Ottomans and Eastern Europe explores the complex interplay between regional politics and the rise of factionalism, focusing on cross-border patronage between Ottoman, Polish-Lithuanian and Moldavian elites. By approaching the history of the region from a factional, rather than state-centred perspective, this book investigates an alternative geography of power, defined by personal interactions that straddled religious, political and social boundaries between the elites. Wasiucionek reveals the way in which these interactions not only shaped the Ottoman-Polish rivalry over Moldavia, but also influenced political culture throughout the region.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 46683
- 2021-02-11The Ottomans and Eastern Europe: Borders and Political Patronage in the Early Modern World
- 2018-09-22Queenship and Political Power in Medieval and Early Modern Spain (Women and Gender in the Early Modern World)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Religion, Magic, and Science in Early Modern Europe and America (Praeger Series on the Early Modern World)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Religion, Magic, and Science in Early Modern Europe and America (Praeger Series on the Early Modern World)
- 2021-10-15Trading Companies and Travel Knowledge in the Early Modern World (Hakluyt Society Studies in the History of Travel)
- 2021-08-10Governing the Environment in the Early Modern World Theory and Practice
- 2020-12-29Cultures of Diplomacy and Literary Writing in the Early Modern World
- 2020-10-22Shakespeare and the Cultivation of Difference: Race and Conduct in the Early Modern World
- 2020-05-16War and Conflict in the Early Modern World: 1500 - 1700 (War and Conflict Through the Ages)
- 2020-05-09Secretaries and Statecraft in the Early Modern World
- 2020-05-05Puritanism and Emotion in the Early Modern World (Christianities in the Trans-Atlantic World)
- 2019-07-10Animating Empire Automata, the Holy Roman Empire, and the Early Modern World
- 2019-01-31Revolution and Rebellion in the Early Modern World
- 2018-11-15Secretaries and Statecraft in the Early Modern World
- 2018-10-18Go Figure Energies, Forms, and Institutions in the Early Modern World
- 2018-08-29Go Figure Energies, Forms, and Institutions in the Early Modern World
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Apocalypse Then: Prophecy and the Making of the Modern World (Praeger Series on the Early Modern World)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Puritanism and Emotion in the Early Modern World (Christianities in the Trans-Atlantic World, 1500-1800) - Removed
- 2017-12-01[PDF] The Humanistic Tradition, Book 4: Faith, Reason, and Power in the Early Modern World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.