Posted on 2019-10-18, by perica123.
The Natural Building Companion - A Comprehensive Guide to Integrative Design and Construction
by Jacob Deva Racusin, Ace McArleton
English | 870 pages | EPUB | 96.9 MB
Natural buildings not only bring satisfaction to their makers and joy to their occupants, they also leave the gentlest footprint on the environment. In this complete reference to natural building philosophy, design, and technique, Jacob Deva Racusin and Ace McArleton walk builders through planning and construction, offering step-by-step instructions on:
siting and site analysis
integrating basic structural considerations into a design
strategies for heating/cooling efficiency and moisture management
planning for acoustics
developing an integrative design
navigating budgeting, code compliance, and project management
creating the foundation, wall system, roof, and floors
selecting and making plasters and paints
evaluating options for mechanical and utility systems
protecting against fire and insects
integrating structures within landscape, climate, and human communities
Applicable to building in climates that are cold and wet, hot and dry, or somewhere in-between, The Natural Building Companion provides the tools necessary to understand basic principles of building science, including structural and thermal engineering, and hydrodynamics. This guide offers thorough, up-to-date, and advanced installation details and performance characteristics of straw-bale, straw-clay, woodchip-clay, and cellulose wall systems, as well as earthen and stone wall systems and a variety of framing, roofing, flooring, mechanical system, and finishing options. This fully-illustrated volume informs professionals making the transition from conventional building, homeowners embarking on their own construction, or green builders who want comprehensive guidance on natural-building options. A State-of-the-Art Resource for Natural Builders The Natural Building Companion is a part of The Yestermorrow Design/Build Library and includes an instructional DVD.
- Ebooks list page : 41558
- 2017-11-27[PDF] The Natural Building Companion: A Comprehensive Guide to Integrative Design and Construction (Yestermorrow Design/ Build Library)
- 2013-09-05The Soapmaker's Companion: A Comprehensive Guide with Recipes, Techniques & Know-How
- 2020-12-27The Gastritis Healing Book A Comprehensive Guide to Heal Gastritis and Restore Your Stomach Health
- 2020-10-18Wind Energy for the Rest of Us: A Comprehensive Guide to Wind Power and How to Use It [True EPUB]
- 2020-08-11The Gastritis Healing Book A Comprehensive Guide to Heal Gastritis and Restore Your Stomach Health
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Wind Energy for the Rest of Us: A Comprehensive Guide to Wind Power and How to Use It
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Logo Brainstorm Book: A Comprehensive Guide for Exploring Design Directions
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Prefab Architecture: A Guide to Modular Design and Construction
- 2017-04-11[PDF] Guide Specifications for Design and Construction of Segmental Concrete Bridges 1999 2003 Interim
- 2011-11-14Prefab Architecture A Guide to Modular Design and Construction
- 2011-11-06Prefab Architecture: A Guide to Modular Design and Construction
- 2011-10-15FS Prefab Architecture: A Guide to Modular Design and Construction
- 2011-10-15Ryan E. Smith, "Prefab Architecture: A Guide to Modular Design and Construction"
- 2011-10-14Prefab Architecture: A Guide to Modular Design and Construction
- 2011-11-25Pediatric Oncology: A Comprehensive Guide
- 2011-09-01Seafood Handbook: The Comprehensive Guide to Sourcing, Buying and Preparation
- 2021-09-18The Carpenter's Companion: A Complete Guide to Using Woodworking Hand Tools
- 2021-09-17Machine Learning For Beginners - The Comprehensive Guide to Artificial Intelligence and Data Science for Business
- 2021-08-19The Family Office - A Comprehensive Guide for Advisers, Practitioners, and Students
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.