Posted on 2018-08-18, by manhneovn.
Albert Ellis, "The Myth of Self-esteem: How Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Can Change Your Life Forever"
2005 | ISBN-10: 1591023548 | 340 pages | MOBI | 5 MB
What exactly is self-esteem? Most people, as well as many psychologists and educators, believe we need it, that it's good for our emotional well-being, and that it makes us more successful. World-renowned psychologist Albert Ellis says NO, it's all a myth.
According to Ellis, self-esteem is probably the greatest emotional disturbance known to humans. Self-esteem results in each of us praising ourselves when what we do is approved by others. But we also damn ourselves when we don't do well enough and others disapprove of us. What we need more than self-esteem, Ellis maintains, is self-acceptance!
In The Myth of Self-Esteem, Ellis provides a lively and insightful explanation of self-esteem and self-acceptance, examining the thinking of great religious teachers, philosophers, and psychologists, including Lao Tsu, Jesus, Spinoza, Nietzsche, Kierkegaard, Buber, Heidegger, Sartre, Tillich, D.T. Suzuki, the Dalai Lama, Carl Rogers, and Nathaniel Branden, among others. He then provides exercises for training oneself to change self-defeating habits to the healthy, positive approach of self-acceptance. These include specific thinking techniques as well as emotive and behavioral exercises.
He concludes by stressing that unconditional self-acceptance is the basis for establishing healthy relationships with others, along with unconditional other-acceptance and a total philosophy of life anchored in unconditional life-acceptance.
- Ebooks list page : 36987
- 2018-08-16The Myth of Self-esteem How Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Can Change Your Life Forever
- 2018-08-11The Myth of Self-esteem How Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Can Change Your Life Forever
- 2020-11-23The Myth of Self-Esteem - How Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Can Change Your Li...
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Naked Executive: How Being Honest Can Change Your Life Forever
- 2011-02-15Unfinished Evolution: How a New Age Revival Can Change Your Life and Save the World
- 2009-11-27Unfinished Evolution: How a New Age Revival Can Change Your Life and Save the World
- 2012-11-0729 Gifts How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life (Audiobook) (repost)
- 2012-01-2029 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life
- 2021-02-22The Science of Mindfulness and Self Compassion: How to Build New Habits to Transform Your Life [Audiobook]
- 2020-11-22How Vagus Nerve Therapy Can Improve Your Life: The New Medical Revelations for Building Self Confidence
- 2020-01-09The Complete Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Rebt Course
- 2019-10-28The Complete Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy REBT Course
- 2019-10-21The Complete Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Course
- 2019-10-07The Complete Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy REBT Course
- 2019-10-02The Complete Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Course
- 2009-08-04The Practice of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, 2nd Edition
- 2021-01-02A Wish Can Change Your Life: How to Use the Ancient Wisdom of Kabbalah to Make Your Dreams Come True
- 2020-12-27The 4% Fix How One Hour Can Change Your Life [Audiobook]
- 2020-12-21The Headspace Guide to Meditation and Mindfulness How Mindfulness Can Change Your Life in Ten Minute...
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.