Posted on 2021-03-02, by nokia241186.
Alessandro Brogi (et al.) | 2019 | ISBN: 0813177707 | English | 304 pages | PDF | 8 MB
This insightful collection of essays details the political life of one of the most prominent and gifted American statesmen of the twentieth century. From his early training in international law to his five terms in the US Senate, J. William Fulbright (19051995) had a profound influence on US foreign policy, and his vision for mutual understanding shaped the extraordinary exchange program bearing his name. As a senator for Arkansas for thirty years and the longest serving chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Fulbright was one of the most influential figures of United States politics. His criticism of US involvement in Vietnam exemplified his belief in the effective management of international norms by international organizations including the United Nations, which was the subject of his first bill in Congress. Yet alongside his commitments to liberal internationalism and multilateral governance, Fulbright was a southern politician who embraced the interests of the region's conservative white population. This juxtaposition of biased and broad-minded objectives shows a divide at the center of Fulbright's vision, which still has consequences for America's global policies today. This multidimensional volume covers Fulbright's development as a national and global voice on foreign relations, as he wrestled with the political controversies of the US South during the civil rights movement, worked with and challenged executive power, and shaped the Fulbright program for educational exchange.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 46680
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Legacy of Fort William Henry: Resurrecting the Past
- 2010-05-20American Exceptionalism and the Legacy of Vietnam: US Foreign Policy Since 1974
- 2021-08-07The Way of the Warrior in Business Battling for Profits, Power, and Domination--and Winning Big!
- 2021-04-14The AOC Generation: How Millennials Are Seizing Power and Rewriting the Rules of American Politics (Audiobook)
- 2021-03-12Deeds Done Beyond the Sea: Essays on William of Tyre, Cyprus and the Military Orders presented to Peter Edbury
- 2021-03-02The Perfect Fascist: A Story of Love, Power, and Morality in Mussolini's Italy
- 2021-02-14Deeds Done Beyond the Sea: Essays on William of Tyre, Cyprus and the Military Orders presented to Peter Edbury
- 2020-10-27The Path of Energy: Awaken Your Personal Power and Expand Your Consciousness [Audiobook]
- 2020-05-30The Idea of Israel: A History of Power and Knowledge
- 2020-04-17On Power and Ideology: The Managua Lectures
- 2020-02-27Your Voice, Your Vote: 2020–21 Edition: The Savvy Woman's Guide to Politics, Power, and the Change We Need - Removed
- 2020-02-21The Legacy of Mad Men: Cultural History, Intermediality and American Television
- 2020-01-14The Domestic Sources of American Foreign Policy: Insights and Evidence
- 2019-12-24The Critical Handbook of Money Laundering: Policy, Analysis and Myths
- 2019-12-16Capital Flows, Credit Markets and Growth in South Africa: The Role of Global Economic Growth, Policy Shifts and Uncertainties
- 2019-08-28Housing Estates in the Baltic Countries The Legacy of Central Planning in Estonia, Latvia and Lit...
- 2019-08-13On Power and Ideology The Managua Lectures, Second edition
- 2019-01-25Policymaking for a Good Society: The Social Fabric Matrix Approach to Policy Analysis and Program Evaluation - Removed
- 2019-01-25Policymaking for a Good Society The Social Fabric Matrix Approach to Policy Analysis and Program ...
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.