Posted on 2013-11-27. By anonymous.
David Berlinski, "The King of Infinite Space: Euclid and His Elements"
ISBN: 046501481X | 2013 | EPUB/MOBI | 192 pages | 578 KB/1 MB
Geometry defines the world around us, helping us make sense of everything from architecture to military science to fashion. And for over two thousand years, geometry has been equated with Euclidâ€™s Elements, arguably the most influential book in the history of mathematics In The King of Infinite Space, renowned mathematics writer David Berlinski provides a concise homage to this elusive mathematician and his staggering achievements. Berlinski shows that, for centuries, scientists and thinkers from Copernicus to Newton to Einstein have relied on Euclidâ€™s axiomatic system, a method of proof still taught in classrooms around the world. Euclidâ€™s use of elemental logicâ€”and the mathematical statements he and others built from itâ€”have dramatically expanded the frontiers of human knowledge.
The King of Infinite Space presents a rich, accessible treatment of Euclid and his beautifully simple geometric system, which continues to shape the way we see the world.
- Ebooks list page : 23922
- 2017-11-22[PDF] The King of Infinite Space: Euclid and His Elements
- 2011-12-17America's Future in Space: Aligning the Civil Space Program with National Needs - Committee On The Rationale And Goals Of The U.S. Civil Space Program, National Research Council
- 2011-11-25America's Future in Space: Aligning the Civil Space Program with National Needs - Committee On The Rationale And Goals Of The U.S. Civil Space Program, National Research Council
- 2018-12-19Hanging Out With The Dream King Conversations With Neil Gaiman And His Collaborators
- 2012-06-06It Never Snows In September: The German View Of Market-Garden And The Battle of Arnhem September 1944
- 2011-11-04Roman's Lab Vol 101 - The King's Indian Defense
- 2021-04-17The King's Revenge: Charles II and the Greatest Manhunt in British History
- 2021-03-20The Lobotomist: A Maverick Medical Genius and His Tragic Quest to Rid the World of Mental Illness [Audiobook]
- 2021-03-02The Truth of the Russian Revolution : The Memoirs of the Tsar's Chief of Security and His Wife
- 2021-01-22The Paradox of Urban Space Inequality and Transformation in Marginalized Communities - Removed
- 2020-11-23Space is all there is: The Physical Reality as space deformations and waves
- 2020-10-12The Great Inoculator: The Untold Story of Daniel Sutton and his Medical Revolution
- 2020-07-01The Fall of the House of Wilde: Oscar Wilde and His Family
- 2020-06-25The Russian Cosmists The Esoteric Futurism of Nikolai Fedorov and His Followers
- 2020-06-02The Inevitability of Tragedy Henry Kissinger and His World
- 2020-05-06The Inevitability of Tragedy: Henry Kissinger and His World
- 2020-05-04How to Speak Brit: The Quintessential Guide to the King's English, Cockney Slang, and Other Flummoxing British Phrases
- 2020-04-28The Inevitability of Tragedy Henry Kissinger and His World
- 2020-01-11The King's Jews; Money, Massacre and Exodus in Medieval England
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.