Posted on 2020-12-14, by book24h.
Daniel Moeckli, Helen Keller, Corina Heri, "The Human Rights Covenants at 50: Their Past, Present, and Future"
English | 2018 | ISBN: 0198825897 | PDF | pages: 401 | 30.1 mb
Half a century ago, on 16 December 1966, the UN General Assembly adopted the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR). While the adoption of the two UN human rights covenants was celebrated all over the world, their 50th anniversary has received very little attention from the international community. The present book marks this anniversary by taking stock of the first half-century of the existence of what are probably the world's two most important human rights treaties. It does so by reflecting on what the covenants have achieved (or failed to achieve) in the years that have passed, by determining and comparing their current influence in the various regions of the world, and by assessing their potential roles in the future.
The book contains papers that were presented during a symposium held in Zurich in 2016, which brought together experts and stakeholders from a range of disciplines and world regions. Some fundamental issues that are addressed by the contributors are as old as the two covenants themselves. They concern, for example, the division of human rights into first- and second-generation rights, and the question of whether there should be one central monitoring body - possibly a world court - or more than just one. However, the contributors go beyond such questions that have been explored before; they develop new answers to old questions and point to new challenges.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 45746
- 2018-08-15American Prisons Their Past, Present and Future
- 2017-11-10[PDF] The Millennium Development Goals and Human Rights: Past, Present and Future
- 2019-03-28Human Migration in the Arctic: The Past, Present, and Future
- 2019-03-27Human Migration in the Arctic The Past, Present, and Future
- 2018-12-28HCI and User-Experience Design Fast-Forward to the Past, Present, and Future (Human-Computer Interaction Series) (English and Chinese Edition)
- 2018-09-08Human Impact on the Natural Environment Past, Present and Future, Eighth Edition
- 2017-12-03[PDF] The Human Impact on the Natural Environment: Past, Present, and Future
- 2017-10-16[PDF] HCI and User-Experience Design: Fast-Forward to the Past, Present, and Future (Human-Computer Interaction Series) (English and Chinese Edition) - Removed
- 2013-12-02The Human Impact on the Natural Environment - Past, Present, and Future, 7th Edition
- 2013-11-23The Human Impact on the Natural Environment: Past, Present, and Future, 7th Edition
- 2009-11-08The Human Impact on the Natural Environment: Past, Present, and Future
- 2022-01-08Udemy - Mastering all the Past, Present and Future Tenses in English
- 2022-01-07Mastering all the Past, Present and Future Tenses in English
- 2021-09-06The Cruelty Is The Point The Past, Present, And Future Of Trump's America [Audiobook]
- 2021-09-03Interconnected The Past, Present, And Future Of The Internet
- 2021-09-01That Wild Country An Epic Journey Through the Past, Present, and Future of America's Public Lands by Mark Kenyon
- 2021-08-13Mediterranean Cold-Water Corals Past, Present and Future Understanding the Deep-Sea Realms of Coral - Removed
- 2021-08-03Encyclopedia Of Artificial Intelligence The Past, Present, And Future Of Ai
- 2021-07-25The Cruelty Is the Point The Past, Present, and Future of Trump's America [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.