Posted on 2018-06-05, by nokia241186.
David T. Zabecki, "The German 1918 Offensives: A Case Study in The Operational Level of War"
English | 2006 | ISBN: 0415558794 | PDF | pages: 433 | 3.1 mb
This is the first study of the Ludendorff Offensives of 1918 based extensively on key German records presumed to be lost forever after Potsdam was bombed in 1944.
In 1997, David T. Zabecki discovered translated copies of these files in a collection of old instructional material at the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. He presents his findings here for the first time, with a thorough review of the surviving original operational plans and orders, to offer a wealth of fresh insights to the German Offensives of 1918.
David T. Zabecki clearly demonstrates how the German failure to exploit the vulnerabilities in the BEF's rail system led to the failure of the first two offensives, and how inadequacies in the German rail system determined the outcome of the last three offensives. This is a window into the mind of the German General Staff of World War I, with thorough analysis of the German planning and decision making processes during the execution of battles. This is also the first study in English or in German to analyze the specifics of the aborted Operation HAGEN plan. This is also the first study of the 1918 Offensives to focus on the 'operational level of war' and on the body of military activity known as 'the operational art', rather than on the conventional tactical or strategic levels.
This book will be of great interest to all students of World War I, the German Army and of strategic studies and military theory in general.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36347
- 2014-05-20The German 1918 Offensives: A Case Study in The Operational Level of War
- 2009-07-16The German 1918 Offensives: A Case Study in the Operational Level of War (Strategy & History S.) - Removed
- 2011-11-09The Phonetics and Phonology of Gutturals: A Case Study from Ju|'hoansi
- 2012-03-17Advanced Planning in Supply Chains: Illustrating the Concepts Using an SAPÂ® APO Case Study By Hartmut Stadtler, Bernhard Fleischmann, Martin Grunow, Herbert Meyr, Christopher SÃ¼rie
- 2012-03-20Optimal Design of Experiments: A Case Study Approach By Peter Goos, Bradley Jones
- 2012-01-11AE Tuts Dominoes CameraTracker and Cinema 4d Case Study
- 2011-12-09Drug Development - A Case Study Based Insight into Modern Strategies
- 2012-05-16The Horse Soldier 1776-1943 Vol.IV: World War I, the Peacetime Army, World War II 1917-1943
- 2011-12-04No Greater Ally: The Untold Story of Poland's Forces in World War II (Osprey General Military) - No Greater Ally, The Untold Story, World War, Osprey General Military
- 2018-09-04Napoleon and the Operational Art of War (History of Warfare) - Removed
- 2017-10-08Napoleon and the Operational Art of War (History of Warfare) - Removed
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Napoleon and the Operational Art of War (History of Warfare) - Removed
- 2009-12-09Military Intervention in the 1990s (Operational Level of War)
- 2021-06-11Innovations Management Capabilities to Address the Capability Rigidity Paradox A Longitudinal Case Study within the German
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Agent-Based Simulation of Vulnerability Dynamics: A Case Study of the German North Sea Coast (Springer Theses) - Removed
- 2014-01-20Agent-Based Simulation of Vulnerability Dynamics: A Case Study of the German North Sea Coast
- 2021-07-12The Case Study of Vanitas S01E02 1080p HEVC x265
- 2021-07-09The Case Study of Vanitas S01E02 1080p HEVC x265-MeGusta
- 2021-07-09The Stahl House: Case Study House #22: The Making of a Modernist Icon
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.