Posted on 2020-02-17, by books_lover.
This is a history of the Enlightenment--the rights-oriented, formalist, secularizing, freedom-inspired eighteenth-century movement that defined modern Western law. But rather than members of a cosmopolitan Republic of Letters, its principal protagonists are non-literate, poor, and enslaved litigants who sued their superiors in the royal courts of Spain's American colonies. Despite growing evidence of the Hispanic world's contributions to Enlightenment science, the writing of history, and statecraft, the region is conventionally believed to have taken an alternate route to modernity. This book grapples with the contradiction between this legacy and eighteenth-century Spanish Americans' active production of concepts fundamental to modern law. The Enlightenment on Trial offers readers new insight into how Spanish imperial subjects created legal documents, fresh interpretations of the intellectual transformations and legal reform policies of the period, and comparative analysis of the v
- Ebooks list page : 42711
- 2019-02-28The Enlightenment on Trial Ordinary Litigants and Colonialism in the Spanish Empire
- 2019-02-23The Enlightenment on Trial Ordinary Litigants and Colonialism in the Spanish Empire
- 2019-01-31The Enlightenment on Trial Ordinary Litigants and Colonialism in the Spanish Empire
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Enlightenment on Trial: Ordinary Litigants and Colonialism in the Spanish Empire
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The American Union and the Problem of Neighborhood: The United States and the Collapse of the Spanish Empire, 1783-1829 [Spanish]
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Transatlantic Ties in the Spanish Empire: Brihuega, Spain, and Puebla, Mexico, 1560-1620
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Translation and the Spanish Empire in the Americas (Benjamins Translation Library) [Spanish]
- 2012-06-04The War in Afghanistan 1979-1989: The Soviet Empire at High Tide (Concord #1009)
- 2010-07-02Clothing the Spanish Empire: Families and the Calico Trade in the Early Modern Atlantic World
- 2018-09-04Rivers Of Gold The Rise Of The Spanish Empire
- 2018-06-06Nuns Navigating the Spanish Empire
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The Golden Age: The Spanish Empire of Charles V
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Rivers Of Gold: The Rise Of The Spanish Empire
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Rivers Of Gold: The Rise Of The Spanish Empire
- 2017-01-09[PDF] The Golden Age: The Spanish Empire of Charles V
- 2014-03-01Rivers of Gold: The Rise of the Spanish Empire, from Columbus to Magellan
- 2010-08-08Juan De Ovando: Governing the Spanish Empire in the Reign of Philip II
- 2012-01-08Lincoln on Trial: Southern Civilians and the Law of War - Burrus M. Carnahan
- 2011-11-30Lincoln on Trial: Southern Civilians and the Law of War
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.