Posted on 2019-12-13, by rizentrop.
This book offers a detailed account of the employment promises made to local East Londoners when the Summer Olympic Games 2012 were awarded to London, as well as an examination of how those promises had morphed into the Olympic Labor market jamboree from which local communities were excluded. Regarding the global job market of London, this study provides a nuanced empirical view on how the world’s biggest mega event was experienced and endured in terms employment by its immediate hosts, in one of the UK’s poorest, most ethnically complex, and transient areas. The data has been collected through ethnographic observation and interviews with local residents, and expert interviews with the Olympic delivery professionals. Using Bourdieusian theory of contested capital, the findings provide an important bearing on the reproduction of inequality in the local labor markets of Olympic host cities.
- Ebooks list page : 42105
- 2012-07-26The Official Programme London 2012 Olympic Games - 27 July-12 August 2012
- 2012-07-26The Official Programme London 2012 Olympic Games - 27 July-12 August 2012 (HQ PDF)
- 2020-02-23Los Angeles and the Summer Olympic Games: Planning Legacies (SpringerBriefs in Geography)
- 2017-10-14[PDF] The Cold War and the 1984 Olympic Games: A Soviet-American Surrogate War - Removed
- 2012-08-09The XIth Olympic Games Berlin, 1936 Official Report, Volume I
- 2012-08-09The XIth Olympic Games Berlin, 1936 Official Report, Volume II
- 2011-11-09The Phonetics and Phonology of Gutturals: A Case Study from Ju|'hoansi
- 2009-06-07The Olympic Games Explained: A Student Guide to the Evolution of the Modern Olympic Games - Removed
- 2019-12-24Sport Mega-Events in Emerging Economies: The South American Games of Santiago 2014 (Mega Event Planning)
- 2019-12-10The Popular Front and the Barcelona 1936 Popular Olympics: Playing as if the World Was Watching (Mega Event Planning)
- 2019-11-25Changing Age and Career Concepts in the Austrian Banking Industry: A Case Study of Middle-Aged Non-managerial Employees and Managers (Contributions to Management Science)
- 2019-11-22The Feeling of Embodiment: A Case Study in Explaining Consciousness
- 2019-07-11Changing Age and Career Concepts in the Austrian Banking Industry: A Case Study of Middle-Aged Non-managerial Employees
- 2019-01-15Innovation Systems in the Service Economy Measurement and Case Study Analysis - Removed
- 2019-01-11Innovation Systems in the Service Economy Measurement and Case Study Analysis
- 2018-12-28Innovation Systems in the Service Economy Measurement and Case Study Analysis
- 2018-06-05The German 1918 Offensives A Case Study in The Operational Level of War
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Sports Mega-Events and Urban Legacies: The 2014 FIFA World Cup, Brazil (Mega Event Planning) - Removed
- 2017-09-12The Tangwang Language An Interdisciplinary Case Study in Northwest China
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.