Posted on 2009-02-28. By anonymous.
Oxford University Press, USA | 2002-11-07 | ISBN: 019513513X | 224 pages | PDF | 1,4 MB
When the whole is greater than the sum of the partsâ€“indeed, so great that the sum far transcends the parts and represents something utterly new and differentâ€“we call that phenomenon emergence. When the chemicals diffusing in the primordial waters came together to form the first living cell, that was emergence. When the activities of the neurons in the brain result in mind, that too is emergence. In The Emergence of Everything, one of the leading scientists involved in the study of complexity, Harold J. Morowitz, takes us on a sweeping tour of the universe, a tour with 28 stops, each one highlighting a particularly important moment of emergence. For instance, Morowitz illuminates the emergence of the stars, the birth of the elements and of the periodic table, and the appearance of solar systems and planets. We look at the emergence of living cells, animals, vertebrates, reptiles, and mammals, leading to the great apes and the appearance of humanity. He also examines tool making, the evolution of language, the invention of agriculture and technology, and the birth of cities. And as he offers these insights into the evolutionary unfolding of our universe, our solar system, and life itself, Morowitz also seeks out the nature of God in the emergent universe, the God posited by Spinoza, Bruno, and Einstein, a God Morowitz argues we can know through a study of the laws of nature. Written by one of our wisest scientists, The Emergence of Everything offers a fascinating new way to look at the universe and the natural world, and it makes an important contribution to the dialogue between science and religion.
- Ebooks list page : 2412
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Emergence of Everything: How the World Became Complex
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Emergence of Everything: How the World Became Complex
- 2014-02-13The Emergence of Everything: How the World Became Complex (Repost)
- 2012-02-23The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Directions in Development) - The World Bank
- 2012-01-05One Goal, Two Paths: Achieving Universal Access to Modern Energy in East Asia and Pacific - The World Bank
- 2012-01-01One Goal, Two Paths: Achieving Universal Access to Modern Energy in East Asia and Pacific - The World Bank
- 2011-12-29The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Directions in Development) - The World Bank
- 2012-03-25The World's Warships 1941
- 2012-03-20Piano Notes: The World of the Pianist By Charles Rosen
- 2012-03-14The World of Pompeii (Routledge Worlds)
- 2012-01-12Beyond Twilight: Explore The World Of Vampires
- 2011-11-08The World's Best Piano Arrangements
- 2009-12-21101 Ways Youth Can Change the World
- 2019-11-23Proof!: How the World Became Geometrical
- 2019-10-18Proof!: How the World Became Geometrical 2019
- 2019-09-30Proof! How the World Became Geometrical
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Life Inc.: How the World Became a Corporation and How to Take It Back - Removed
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Life Inc.: How the World Became a Corporation and How to Take It Back [Hardcover] - Removed
- 2013-08-26Life Inc.: How the World Became a Corporation and How to Take It Back (Audiobook)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.