Posted on 2009-11-16. By anonymous.
The Elements of Library Research: What Every Student Needs to Know
216 pages | Princeton University Press; 1 edition (August 11, 2008) | 0691138575 | PDF | 1 Mb
George (reference, Princeton Univ. Lib.) has created a research guide for undergraduates. While the focus is on library research, George also briefly covers other methods of research students will encounter in college, such as experimental, field, and observational. The author makes excellent use of checklists and charts, along with 15 'Mary's Maxims' (e.g., 'Don't Settle for What's Handy') to highlight the steps students should take in the research process, as well as explaining important key research terms and how to evaluate sources. The book includes four appendixes, two of which, 'Research Timelines' and 'Questions To Ask Your Instructor,' would be extremely useful for students who are feeling overwhelmed by the research process. While aimed toward students, especially those inexperienced in the research process, the book would also be helpful for any librarians teaching introduction to research courses at their institutions. Recommended for high school and college libraries.
Diving into research can be a daunting task, whether the quest for information is conducted by a first-year undergraduate or an experienced graduate student. Realizing that professors may assume a higher level of research proficiency in their students than exists in reality, George offers a fresh, comprehensive, enjoyable discussion for readers of all levels and abilities. . . . Engaging in successful research may be difficult for a novice, but readers of this work will possess a new confidence as they work through their undergraduate or graduate coursework.
- Ebooks list page : 3699
- 2009-04-07The Road to Athletic Scholarship: What Every Student-Athlete, Parent, and Coach Needs to Know
- 2009-02-23Getting the Most Out of the Research Experience: What Every Researcher Needs to Know
- 2008-07-07The Elements of Library Research
- 2021-09-24The Programmer's Brain What every programmer needs to know about cognition (True EPUB, MOBI)
- 2021-09-15What Every Pianist Needs to Know About the Body
- 2021-08-28The Programmer's Brain - What every programmer needs to know about cognition
- 2021-08-17What Every Singer Needs to Know About the Body, Fourth Edition
- 2021-08-07The Programmer's Brain What every programmer needs to know about cognition (Final Release)
- 2020-05-14The ADHD Handbook: What Every Parent Needs to Know to Get the Best for Their Child
- 2020-04-22The Autism Book What Every Parent Needs to Know About Early Detection, Treatment, Recovery, and P...
- 2020-01-03A Pocket Guide to the US Constitution: What Every American Needs to Know
- 2018-12-12Business in the Cloud What Every Business Needs to Know About Cloud Computing
- 2018-11-09The Skills From First Job to Dream Job What Every Woman Needs to Know [Audiobook]
- 2018-08-13The Copyright Handbook What Every Writer Needs to Know, 13th Edition
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Addiction in the Family: What Every Counselor Needs to Know
- 2017-12-24[PDF] The ADHD Handbook: What Every Parent Needs to Know to Get the Best for Their Child
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Complete 101 Collection: What Every Leader Needs to Know
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Essential Colour Management: What every photographer needs to know (The Lightweight Photographer Books)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] The Whole Guy Thing: What Every Girl Needs to Know about Crushes, Friendship, Relating, and Dating
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.