The Edge of Anarchy The Railroad Barons, the Gilded Age, and the Greatest Labor Uprising in Ameri...
Posted on 2019-01-10, by voska89.
Jack Kelly, Traber Burns (Narrator), "The Edge of Anarchy: The Railroad Barons, the Gilded Age, and the Greatest Labor Uprising in America"
ASIN: B07MS7X9KP, ISBN: 1982564814 | 2019 | M4B@62 kbps | ~11:15:00 | 306 MB
The dramatic story of the explosive 1894 clash of industry, labor, and government that shook the nation and marked a turning point for America
The Edge of Anarchy offers a vivid account of the greatest uprising of working people in American history. At the pinnacle of the Gilded Age, a boycott of Pullman sleeping cars by hundreds of thousands of railroad employees brought commerce to a standstill across much of the country. Famine threatened, riots broke out along the rail lines. Soon the US Army was on the march and gunfire rang from the streets of major cities.
This epochal tale offers fascinating portraits of two iconic characters of the age. George Pullman, who amassed a fortune by making train travel a pleasure, thought the model town that he built for his workers would erase urban squalor. Eugene Debs, founder of the nation's first industrial union, was determined to wrench power away from the reigning plutocrats. The clash between the two men's conflicting ideals pushed the country to what the US attorney general called "the ragged edge of anarchy."
Many of the themes of The Edge of Anarchy could be taken from today's headlines - upheaval in America's industrial heartland, wage stagnation, breakneck technological change, and festering conflict over race, immigration, and inequality. With the country now in a New Gilded Age, this look back at the violent conflict of an earlier era offers illuminating perspectives along with a breathtaking story of a nation on the edge.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 38520
- 2019-12-17The Edge of Anarchy: The Railroad Barons, the Gilded Age, and the Greatest Labor Uprising in America
- 2019-01-24The Edge of Anarchy The Railroad Barons, the Gilded Age, and the Greatest Labor Uprising in America - Removed
- 2019-01-10The Edge of Anarchy The Railroad Barons, the Gilded Age, and the Greatest Labor Uprising in America
- 2011-12-05Willpower Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength - Willpower Rediscovering The Greatest Human Strength - Removed
- 2018-02-02[PDF] A Companion to the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Gilded Age and Progressive Era: A Documentary Reader
- 2017-11-23[PDF] America in the Gilded Age and Progressive Era
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Encyclopedia of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era
- 2017-11-15[PDF] TTC Video - America in the Gilded Age and Progressive Era
- 2013-03-12The Gilded Age and Progressivism 1891-1913 (Discovering U.S. History) (repost)
- 2010-09-08The Gilded Age and Progressivism 1891-1913 (Discovering U.S. History)
- 2020-05-24PHINEAS TAYLOR BARNUM: The Greatest Humbug on Earth. The Entire Life Story. Biography, Facts & Quotes
- 2011-11-07Sing Not War: The Lives of Union and Confederate Veterans in Gilded Age America (Civil War America)
- 2020-06-09Streight's Foiled Raid on the Western & Atlantic Railroad: Emma Sansom’s Courage and Nathan Bedford Forrest’s Pursuit (Civil War Series)
- 2020-04-22The Complete Guide to Beating Sugar Addiction: The Cutting-Edge Program That Cures Your Type of Sugar Addiction and Puts You on the Road to Feeling Great--and Losing Weight! Ed 2
- 2018-12-13Gaining the Edge in Ruminant Production Nutritional Strategies for Optimal Productivity and Efficien...
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Beat Sugar Addiction Now!: The Cutting-Edge Program That Cures Your Type of Sugar Addiction and Puts You on the Road to Feeling Great - and Losing Weight!
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Trust Edge: How Top Leaders Gain Faster Results, Deeper Relationships, and a Stronger Bottom Line
- 2017-10-25[PDF] The Complete Guide to Beating Sugar Addiction: The Cutting-Edge Program That Cures Your Type of Sugar Addiction and Puts You on the Road to Feeling Great and Losing Weight!
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.