Posted on 2019-03-04, by nokia241186.
The Developmental Psychology of Reasoning and Decision-Making (Current Issues in Thinking and Reasoning) by Henry Markovits
English | 2013 | ISBN: 1848721455, 1848721463 | 200 pages | PDF | 0,8 MB
Logical thinking is a critically important cognitive skill. It is not just essential for mathematical and scientific understanding, it is also of prime importance when trying to navigate our complex and increasingly sophisticated world. Written by world class researchers in the field, The Developmental Psychology of Reasoning and Decision-Making describes the ways that children learn to reason, and how reasoning can be used to overcome the influence of beliefs and intuitions.
The chapters in this edited collection focus on the new, revolutionary paradigm in reasoning and cover the recent research on the development of reasoning in two important areas:
Cognitive abilities required to reason well and how these abilities develop in children and adolescents.
Recent empirical data showing the effect intuition and prior belief have on reasoning, even when the outcome is inappropriate.
Different theoretical and empirical perspectives from recent Piagetian theory, mental models and gist processing are examined, along with empirical results looking at specific aspects of reasoning in children. The key theme of the book is to better understand how reasoning develops not only through examining 'logical' reasoning, but also the nature of the interactions between people's intuitions and their reasoning abilities.
The Developmental Psychology of Reasoning and Decision-Making provides an overview of the main theories and key empirical results related to the development of reasoning and should be of particular interest to students and researchers in developmental psychology and education, along with those in cognitive psychology.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 39552
- 2019-12-03Applying Occupational Psychology to the Fire Service: Emotion, Risk and Decision-Making
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Rational Choice in an Uncertain World: The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making
- 2017-10-29[PDF] The Psychology of Judgement and Decision making
- 2011-09-28Rational Choice in an Uncertain World: The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making
- 2011-09-09The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making - Removed
- 2011-01-20The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making (Repost)
- 2009-08-11[request]The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making
- 2008-12-04The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making - Removed
- 2008-11-02The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making - Removed
- 2019-02-23Ecology and Behaviour of the African Buffalo Social inequality and decision making
- 2019-01-30Ecology and Behaviour of the African Buffalo Social inequality and decision making
- 2018-06-28The Problem-Solving, Problem-Prevention, and Decision-Making Guide
- 2010-04-13Probabilistic Reasoning and Decision Making in Sensory-Motor Systems (Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics) (Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics)
- 2009-07-06Pierre Bessiere, Christian Laugier - Probabilistic Reasoning and Decision Making in Sensory-Motor Systems
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Thinking and Reasoning: An Introduction to the Psychology of Reason, Judgment and Decision Making
- 2012-03-20Doing the Right Thing: A Real Estate Practitioner's Guide to Ethical Decision Making, 4 Edition By Deborah H. Long
- 2009-02-05David Hardman, Laura Macchi - The Thinking: Psychological Perspectives on Reasoning Judgment And Decision Making
- 2021-01-06Stalking the Black Swan Research and Decision Making in a World of Extreme Volatility
- 2020-12-01Stalking the Black Swan: Research and Decision Making in a World of Extreme Volatility
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.