The Development of Popular Music Function in Film: From the Birth of Rock ‘n’ Roll to the Death of Disco (Palgrave Studies in Audio-Visual Culture)
Posted on 2020-02-21, by books_lover.
This book offers a unique examination of the development of popular music function in film. It assesses the contribution of popular music to the interpretation of the most significant films, covering the period from rock ‘n’ roll’s initial introduction at the opening of Blackboard Jungle, to the backlash against disco, which followed soon after the release of Saturday Night Fever. By dividing this period into five phases―The Classical American Musical Phase, The British Invasion Phase, The New Hollywood Alienation Phase, The Disco Phase and The Post-Disco Conservative Phase―the book pinpoints key moments at which individual developments occurred and lays out a path of expansion in popular music function. Each chapter offers close analyses of this period’s most innovative films; examines the cultural, historical, technical and industrial factors peculiar to each phase and considers the influence of these upon the specific timing of functional advances.
- Ebooks list page : 42749
- 2020-07-21Intersecting Film, Music, and Queerness (Palgrave Studies in Audio-Visual Culture)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Intersecting Film, Music, and Queerness (Palgrave Studies in Audio-Visual Culture) - Removed
- 2020-02-04Music, Youth and International Links in Post-War British Fascism: The Transformation of Extremism (Palgrave Studies in the History of Subcultures and Popular Music)
- 2019-12-20Nineteenth Century Popular Fiction, Medicine and Anatomy: The Victorian Penny Blood and the 1832 Anatomy Act (Palgrave Studies in Literature, Science and Medicine)
- 2020-12-28Bill TedsExcellent Adventures S01E02 The Birth of Rock and Roll or Too Hip for the Womb-[v]
- 2020-08-23Emotions, Language and Identity on the Margins of Europe (Palgrave Studies in the History of Emotions)
- 2020-08-03Divided Spirits: Tequila, Mezcal, and the Politics of Production (California Studies in Food and Culture)
- 2020-05-05Digital Insurance: Business Innovation in the Post-Crisis Era (Palgrave Studies in Financial Services Technology)
- 2020-05-05Emotions in the History of Witchcraft (Palgrave Studies in the History of Emotions)
- 2020-05-05Voices of the Soviet Space Program: Cosmonauts, Soldiers, and Engineers Who Took the USSR into Space (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- 2020-03-17Fictions of Friendship in the Eighteenth-Century Novel (Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and Cultures of Print)
- 2020-02-28The Politics of Spectacle and Emotion in the 2016 Presidential Campaign (Palgrave Studies in US Elections)
- 2020-02-23The Prosody of Dubbed Speech: Beyond the Character's Words (Palgrave Studies in Translating and Interpreting)
- 2020-02-12Animals and Desire in South African Fiction: Biopolitics and the Resistance to Colonization (Palgrave Studies in Animals and Literature)
- 2020-02-03Lobbying in the European Parliament: The Battle for Influence (Palgrave Studies in European Union Politics)
- 2020-01-13Digital Bodies: Creativity and Technology in the Arts and Humanities (Palgrave Studies in Performance and Technology)
- 2020-01-04The Scandinavian Prison Study (Palgrave Studies in Prisons and Penology)
- 2020-01-01Picturing the Beautiful Game: A History of Soccer in Visual Culture and Art
- 2019-12-31The Workplace of the Future: The Fourth Industrial Revolution, the Precariat and the Death of Hierarchies (Routledge Studies in the Economics of Innovation)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.