Posted on 2021-08-31, by raymanhero.
The Crusader Strategy: Defending the Holy Land [PDF]
English | September 29, 2020 | ISBN: 0300253117 | PDF | 376 pages | 34.7 MB
Author: Steve Tibble
A new look at the crusaders, which shows how they pursued long-term plans and clear strategic goals
Medieval states, and particularly crusader societies, often have been considered brutish and culturally isolated. It seems unlikely that they could develop "strategy" in any meaningful sense. However, the crusaders were actually highly organized in their thinking and their decision making was rarely random.
In this lively account, Steve Tibble draws on a rich array of primary sources to reassess events on the ground and patterns of behavior over time. He shows how, from aggressive castle building to implementing a series of invasions of Egypt, crusader leaders tenaciously pursued long-term plans and devoted single-minded attention to clear strategic goals. Crusader states were permanently on the brink of destruction; resources were scarce and the penalties for failure severe. Intuitive strategic thinking, Tibble argues, was a necessity, not a luxury.
- Ebooks list page : 49278
- 2010-11-22Crusader Castles in the Holy Land 1097-1192
- 2021-08-31The Crusader Strategy Defending The Holy Land
- 2009-05-15The English Translation of the meanings of THE " HOLY QURAN "
- 2009-05-15English Translation of the meanings of THE " HOLY QURAN "
- 2009-05-15English Translation of the meanings of THE HOLY QURAN
- 2009-05-15QURAN : English Translation of the meanings of THE HOLY QURAN
- 2009-05-15The Holy Quran : THE NOBLE QUR'AN English Translation of the meanings and commentary
- 2018-10-31Defending the Holy Land A Critical Analysis of Israel's Security and Foreign Policy
- 2018-10-07Defending the Holy Land A Critical Analysis of Israel's Security and Foreign Policy
- 2018-09-26Defending the Holy Land A Critical Analysis of Israel's Security and Foreign Policy
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Emissaries from the Holy Land: The Sephardic Diaspora and the Practice of Pan-Judaism in the Eighteenth Century (Stanford Studies in Jewish History and C)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Jerusalem and the Holy Land (Eyewitness Travel Guides)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Holy Land Reborn: Pilgrimage and the Tibetan Reinvention of Buddhist India (Buddhism and Modernity series) - Removed
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Hell in the Holy Land: World War 1 in the Middle East
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The Crusades: The War for the Holy Land [Paperback] - Removed
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Templars and Hospitallers as Professed Religious in the Holy Land (ND Conway Lectures in Medieval Studies)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Moon Jerusalem & the Holy Land: Including Tel Aviv & Petra (Moon Handbooks)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Unholy Business: A True Tale of Faith, Greed and Forgery in the Holy Land
- 2017-10-31[PDF] The Crusades: The Authoritative History of the War for the Holy Land - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.