Posted on 2021-07-25, by book24h.
English | June 29, 2021 | ASIN: B08N86T56C |MP3|M4B | 7h 35m | 213 MB
Author and Narrator: Adam Serwer
From an award-winning journalist at The Atlantic, these searing essays make a damning case that cruelty is not merely an unfortunate byproduct of the Trump administration but its main objective and the central theme of the American project.
"No writer better demonstrates how American dreams are so often sabotaged by American history. Adam Serwer is essential." (Ta-Nehisi Coates)
"Trump summoned the most treacherous forces in American history and conducted them with the ease of a grand maestro."
Like many of us, Adam Serwer didn't know that Donald Trump would win the 2016 election. But over the four years that followed, the Atlantic staff writer became one of our most astute analysts of the Trump presidency and the volatile powers it harnessed. The shock that greeted Trump's victory, and the subsequent cruelty of his presidency, represented a failure to confront elements of the American past long thought vanquished.
In this searing collection, Serwer chronicles the Trump administration not as an aberration but as an outgrowth of the inequalities the United States was founded on. Serwer is less interested in the presidential spectacle than in the ideological and structural currents behind Trump's rise - including a media that was often blindsided by the ugly realities of what the administration represented and how it came to be.
While deeply engaged with the moment, Serwer's writing is also haunted by ghosts of an unresolved American past, a past that torments the present. In bracing new essays and previously published works, he explores white nationalism, myths about migration, the political power of police unions, and the many faces of anti-Semitism. For all the dynamics he examines, cruelty is the glue, the binding agent of a movement fueled by fear and exclusion. Serwer argues that rather than pretending these four years didn't happen or dismissing them as a brief moment of madness, we must face what made them possible. Without acknowledging and confronting these toxic legacies, the fragile dream of American multiracial democracy will remain vulnerable to another ambitious demagogue.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 48675
- 2021-09-06The Cruelty Is The Point The Past, Present, And Future Of Trump's America [Audiobook]
- 2021-07-25The Cruelty Is the Point The Past, Present, and Future of Trump's America [Audiobook]
- 2021-05-28The Cruelty Is the Point: The Past, Present, and Future of Trump's America
- 2019-01-31The Attacking Ocean The Past, Present, and Future of Rising Sea Levels [Audiobook]
- 2022-06-21Street-Level Architecture The Past, Present and Future of Interactive Frontages
- 2022-06-18The Dialectical Primatologist The Past, Present and Future of Life in the Hominoid Niche (New Bi...
- 2022-03-14Speaking of Feminism Today's Activists on the Past, Present, and Future of the U.S. Women's Movement
- 2022-01-08Udemy - Mastering all the Past, Present and Future Tenses in English
- 2022-01-07Mastering all the Past, Present and Future Tenses in English
- 2021-09-03Interconnected The Past, Present, And Future Of The Internet
- 2021-09-01That Wild Country An Epic Journey Through the Past, Present, and Future of America's Public Lands by Mark Kenyon
- 2021-08-03Encyclopedia Of Artificial Intelligence The Past, Present, And Future Of Ai
- 2021-07-02Encyclopedia of Artificial Intelligence - The Past, Present, and Future of AI
- 2021-03-31Encyclopedia of Artificial Intelligence: The Past, Present, and Future of AI
- 2021-01-30Interconnected: The Past, Present, and Future of the Internet (The Great Courses Plus Pilots) - Removed
- 2021-01-29HCI and User-Experience Design Fast-Forward to the Past, Present, and Future - Removed
- 2020-11-25Luxury World: The Past, Present and Future of Luxury Brands
- 2020-07-03Understanding BIM The Past, Present and Future
- 2020-06-09The New Threat: The Past, Present, and Future of Islamic Militancy
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.