Posted on 2009-09-15. By anonymous.
Publisher: University of Texas Press | ISBN: 0292706685 | edition 2005 | PDF | 198 pages | 1,4 mb
The colonial Spanish-American city, like its counterpart across the Atlantic, was an outgrowth of commercial enterprise. A center of entrepreneurial activity and wealth, it drew people seeking a better life, with more educational, occupational, commercial, bureaucratic, and marital possibilities than were available in the rural regions of the Spanish colonies. Indeed, the Spanish-American city represented hope and opportunity, although not for everyone.In this authoritative work, Jay Kinsbruner draws on many sources to offer the first history and interpretation in English of the colonial Spanish-American city. After an overview of pre-Columbian cities, he devotes chapters to many important aspects of the colonial city, including its governance and administrative structure, physical form, economy, and social and family life. Kinsbruner's overarching thesis is that the Spanish-American city evolved as a circumstance of trans-Atlantic capitalism. Underpinning this thesis is his view that there were no plebeians in the colonial city. He calls for a class interpretation, with an emphasis on the lower-middle class. His study also explores the active roles of women, many of them heads of households, in the colonial Spanish-American city.
- Ebooks list page : 3461
- 2011-02-07The Public and Its Possibilities: Triumphs and Tragedies in the American City (Urban Life, Landscape and Policy)
- 2020-10-12The Age Of Surveillance Capitalism The Fight For A Human Future At The New Frontier Of Power
- 2020-06-24The Age of Surveillance Capitalism
- 2020-06-22Rereading Marx in the Age of Digital Capitalism
- 2020-06-17The Plantation Machine: Atlantic Capitalism in French Saint-Domingue and British Jamaica (The Early Modern Americas)
- 2020-05-18Marx in the Age of Digital Capitalism (Studies in Critical Social Sciences)
- 2020-04-15Consumed Nostalgia: Memory in the Age of Fast Capitalism
- 2019-07-18*(Incredible) - Why You Should Read The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power by Shoshana Zuboff Online or Download [!PDF !EPUB !MOBI]
- 2019-02-26The Age of Surveillance Capitalism The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power [Aud
- 2019-01-31The Age of Surveillance Capitalism The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power [Aud...
- 2019-01-30The Age of Surveillance Capitalism The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Consumed Nostalgia: Memory in the Age of Fast Capitalism
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Marx in the Age of Digital Capitalism (Studies in Critical Social Sciences)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Imperial Portugal in the Age of Atlantic Revolutions: The Luso-Brazilian World, c.1770-1850
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Crediting God: Sovereignty and Religion in the Age of Global Capitalism
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Consumed Nostalgia: Memory in the Age of Fast Capitalism
- 2012-04-24Zombie Politics and Culture in the Age of Casino Capitalism
- 2011-07-18Creative Cost-Benefits Reinvention: How to Reverse Commoditization Hell in the Age of Customer Capitalism (Postcolonial Studies in Education)
- 2011-05-28Creative Cost-Benefits Reinvention: How to Reverse Commoditization Hell in the Age of Customer Capitalism
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.